Chapter 40 ~ Stay Strong

TW: !SELF HARM IS MENTIONED!

~ Alex's POV ~

From the moment I said 'Ali' quite loudly all I've experienced is pain. I can't believe what I had done...She was scared of me...

I was the person she shouldn't be scared of. I was the person who would protect her from these scary people. Now I was the scary person. It just...It broke my heart.

I couldn't bare to loose her she is my everything...

For the whole night I sat right outside her door not daring to move away in case I would loose her.

I wanted to just break the door down and go inside to comfort her... But I knew that would make things worse. If she was scared of me... I would need to keep her on her own until she was ready to come out. Going in when she's like this would only make her worse. Things are already terrible so making things worse would break me. Would mainly break her though.

I must have gotten a bit of sleep as she fell asleep at around 11pm. At this point I was so drained and angered from not being able to comfort her.

Hearing her soft cries and sobs from the other side of the door was enough to break my heart. Just hearing her sad and knowing I can't do anything was so much pain.

I had almost cried multiple times but I told myself before I even agreed to be a Daddy that I would never ever cry in front of my little.

Ever.

I needed to be strong for her and me crying would make her feel more scared thinking there was something wrong. So I had to stay strong.

I then heard a sniffle by the door and I bolted my head to the door.

"Baby are you ok?" I very softly said hoping she would answer.

"I.." Was all I heard but I then heard her soft cries.

"It's me Baby I promise your safe." I softly said placing my hand on the door as If I was placing it on her heart.

I still heard her painful cries.

"What are you feeling Baby?" I very calmly asked

She was sobbing hard but I heard her speak between her sobs.

"S...scar..ed." I heard quietly.

I was utterly heartbroken. How could I have done this?

"Baby I'm so sorry for getting mad at you. I really didn't mean to." My voice started to crack a bit. I gulped the tears back as hard as I could.

"I..I'm a..scared.. d..don't h...urt...m...me." She cried.

I flinched at her saying that. I felt so guilty that she would think that.

"I would never ever hurt you Baby. Never ever. I know words can't.." I stopped for a second, to hold back my tears. "Make you believe that but it can help."

"Y...you...p...promise?" I softly heard with sniffling in between.

"I promise." I calmly said.

There was nothing that I had ever promised more than right now.

"I...I'll open..th...the...d...door." She bravely said.

"I'll stay apart if you'd like that?" I softly suggested hoping it would make her feel better.

I heard her take a deep breath. 'Deep breaths Baby.' I thought in my head.

"Y..yes...p..please." She stuttered.