Chapter 5 ~ 14 Days

~ The next morning ~

I woke up and I felt really very tired. I rubbed my eyes as all my negative thoughts rushed inside of me, like loads of people were late to their lessons. I buried my face into my hands and just cried, wanting to get out of here and run away, back to where I belong. I dont belong here. I cried more and more, until it was unstoppable. I didn't even hear when someone came into the room and rushed over to me, as my cried were so loud. I jumped out my skin when I was lifted up and placed onto something. I looked up as my heart was beating faster. I saw Alex holding me and looks worried for me.

"Baby, what's up?" He asked concerned but softly. I just rubbed my eyes and whimpered. He rocked me again, but I just stared up at him sadly, wanting to escape from here. He started to sing to me again, but I wasn't in the mood for the happiness. As he went on, it was impossible for me not to calm down. I looked into his eyes touched his chest with my hand, giving him a very small smile. He smiled down at me and wiped my tears off my tear stained face with his thumb.

He carried on singing and rocking me and I just fell deeper and deeper into happiness and calmness. I barely noticed he was walking out the room I was so focused on him. We walked down the stairs, as he did, I rested me head on his shoulder and hummed very quietly to the tune. I put both my arms round his neck giving me more comfort for some reason.

He sat down me still in the same position, resting on his shoulder and he carried on singing. I even let out a little giggle from how nice his singing was. He repositioned me, so I was laying across his body, but he supported my head. I looked him in the eyes and smiled, still humming. He put something in my mouth and pressed on it, causing liquid to run into my mouth. Without thinking I swallowed it and it was the best taste ever. I started sucking and liquid kept coming and going down my throat. I hummed under my breath happily as I kept on suckling.

After quite a while I tried to suck but nothing came out and it made an empty noise. I looked into Alexs eyes and a tear escaped my eye. He sat me up and placed my head over his shoulder and he rubbed my back. He stood up and started rocking me again still singing. I put both my arms around his neck and relaxed a bit, throwing myself into my thoughts of nature.

I dont know how long I had been in my thoughts, but I remember opening my eyes and being in the same position staring at the wall. I still heard Alex singing so I looked u into his eyes and rubbed my eyes, from tiredness. He gave me a soft smile that was contagious making me give a small smile. The rocking was so soothing.

"You okay baby?" He asked me softly. I looked down remembering what has happened over these few hours. It didnt seem as bad. Wait, what are you saying I was kidnapped, this guy is evil, why do I trust him, stop it Ali? I didnt want to say anything, as much as I wanted to ask him hundreds of questions, I just didnt feel like doing it. I was scared. I just looked down hoping he wouldnt ask me anything else. I think he could tell I didnt want to speak so he lifted my head up a bit.

"Baby, I know your scared at the moment but its okay, you are okay here, I know you wont trust me yet, but I understand that okay?" He said soothingly. I took my hands away from behind his neck and I placed both my hands on his chest and felt his heartbeat calmly. I have always had a thing with people that I dont know. I heard in a book I had read that if they had a soft strong heartbeat, they were blessed and caring. I felt something incredible. A strong slow and soft heartbeat. Wait, was I going to go and trust him just from his heartbeat? Am I going mad?

His heartbeat was strong and fluttery, so I put my head to his chest and listened. I know it was a heartbeat and its obvious you cant tell anything about a person just from the sound of their heart. But I believed it. Was I wrong to believe it?

He didnt seem to push me away or ruin what I was doing. He let me do it, making me feel calm. I listened for a bit before looking back up at him. I saw his lovely soft hair so without thinking I reached up with my hand and stroked it gently. I smiled a bit, as I propped it up with my hands, making his hair stand up. He just smiled into my eyes while I did this. I looked down into his eyes and wondered if he thought I was weird to be playing with hair right now. But he didnt frown or stare harshly. He smiled and nodded his head, sort of indicating you can do that.

I smiled and put my hand up again and stroked his hair. I smiled starting to hum to myself and magically he started to sing as well. I giggled a bit and forgot about my sadness. I was still in shock about his singing. Was I making it a big deal, because all I wanted is for him to keep on going? Was I developing an addiction to his singing or something? I felt so childish.

It felt like it had been minutes but what I didnt know was that he had been rocking and singing at me for a few hours now! He took me downstairs on his hip and he went into what seemed like a room with toys and colours. I looked on worriedly, not knowing what this room was for. But Alex placed me down on the floor, softly, humming and he sat next to me. I looked around and saw all the toys and books. I felt like a chile, so all I wanted to do was play with everything, but I was embarrassed he would judge me and laugh at me.

"You wanna play baby?" He asked softly. I shook my head and looked down, rubbing my eyes a bit. I wanted to go home. I think he could tell I felt embarrassed and he shuffled a little closer to me. How could he tell these things?

"Baby, I know you feel embarrassed here, but I wont judge you, I bought this for you, and I would never judge you. Its okay baby." He said, taking my hand. He wrapped his fingers around my hand, and I looked up at him with tears filling my eyes. Did he really care for me? I just took a minute to look at him.

"I want to go home." I stated quietly looking down. He moved closer to me.

"How about you stay here for 2 weeks, if you still want to leave, I will let you leave, but you can stay if you want to." He said fairly. I wanted to go now but I knew there was no way I could just leave here, its probably locked and alarmed and guarded, which was true. I nodded slowly and rubbed my eyes.

Just 14 days Ali.