Chapter 53 ~ Comfort

~ 2am ~

~ Ali's POV ~

I opened my eyes and tried to focus on something but from the sleep dust between my eyelashes I couldn't. I rubbed the dust out of them until I could see more clearly. I looked round my room and saw everything was in the right place. Of course it was.. The furniture wouldn't just move.

I sat up a bit and cuddled penguin close to me. I was quite wide awake and wasn't in the mood for going back to sleep. I curled my hair with my pointed finger and when the curl was big enough I let it go and it curled nicely in-front of my face.

I sucked my thumb for comfort and wondered what the time was. I guess I could know by looking out the window to see if its dark.

From my crib the window was just to the slight left so I could leant over and see if I stood up. So I stood up and pulled the curtains back a bit seeing it was very dark but light from the outside garden lights. It lit up the house but if you looked into the distance it was pitch black.

It must have been about 2am I was guessing.

Before I closed the curtains though I saw something in the corner of my eye. My eyes found its way to where I saw the thing and I looked straight.

There was someone moving around.. No wait.. 2 people.. 2 people moving around wearing all black. They looked strange and just like the people I see in my flashbacks. They looked quite real though.

They then both looked up at my window and our eyes locked. It sent a shiver right through me and I flinched super hard. I knew who they were...

I let the curtains out my grip and fell on my knees in my crib. I scuttled to the very back corner and curled up in a tiny ball with penguin right in the middle. I started crying and sobbing, so scared knowing something really bad was going to happen.

Every time I heard a noise. Normal sounds like the pipes or the trees rustling I flinched. What if they were climbing through the window? I didn't want to scream because that could anger them. I just stayed still in the corner and cried.

I didn't even hear the door open from me covering my ears with my hands. I then heard faint footsteps for a few seconds.

"Hey Baby its me Daddy." I heard very softly like a whisper. Through the bar of my crib I lifted my head up the tiniest bit and looked forward seeing Alex standing there with his bare chest and messy hair. I sucked my thumb for comfort as a tear fell down my cheek.

He came forward and crouched down on the other side of the bars so we were looking at eachother. My head was rested on my knee with penguin completely buried by me.

"Hey.. you're okay...I'm right here." He very softly whispered. Tears ran down my cheek still. "You wanna hold Daddy's hand?" He softly asked. I liked how soft he was with his words.

I nodded slowly with a scared face. He held his hand out gently and laid it down on the crib in front of me. I moved slightly so I could move my hand to his and gripped it. He stroked it softly and my heart fluttered when he squeezed it gently.

He then sung to me softly and I just listened to his amazing voice which was the most calming thing in the world. I felt a bit more back in reality as he sung which reassured me. I then looked up at the window where I had seen those 2 people.

By the way the 2 people were my...father and Cole...

He looked to the window as I was doing and while he did I slowly stood up, but also made sure I wouldn't fall over from the mattress. Our hands left each-others grip which worried me. He looked to me again and wrapped his arms round my neck. I did the same and he kissed my forehead as he did.