Chapter 14 ~ Happy Either Way

~ Ali's POV ~

I woke up feeling so calm and relaxed. I felt warm and safe, both at the same time. When had this ever happened? I rubbed my eyes and bit and looked up. I saw Alex with his head on his shoulder fast asleep. I was laying across him with one his arms around my neck and his other hand by my heart.

I saw we hadn't moved from last night.

I smiled up at him a little bit. I was starting to gain a small bit of trust for him. I wasn't going all out as he still kidnapped me and he could be lying, he could still hurt me or kill me. My brain kept saying to hurt him and run away, but my heart was saying totally the opposite.

Which one was right? My heart or my brain?

I came out of thought as Alex groaned a little bit and opened his eyes slowly. He saw me looking up at him and he cuddled me close. He ruffled his hair a bit.

"Morning Baby." He said sleepily. I put both my arms round his neck and laid on his chest. He held me close to him making me think.

If I were to leave I would never experience this amazing feeling of comfort. Since when did I ever feel comfort in my life? Never. My parents would always hurt me and I was never able to have that kind of love from them the same as the love from Alex. This would be a hard lifestyle for me to get used to, but if it meant I had someone who loved and cared for me, I would do anything.

The one thing I wanted in my whole life was someone who loved me. Someone who cared for me. Someone who would protect me. Someone who would know how I feel and make me happy all the time.

That someone was Alex. He was all those things and much more.

But what if this all changed in 2 weeks and I made the wrong decision? Was I making the right decision? It's not like I could ask him if I was making the right decision, as he wouldn't tell me his secret. If he had one anyway.

I wanted to stay with him forever! No wait Ali. He kidnapped you. He kidnapped you and won't let you go.. He isn't nice.

But he is though. He hasn't starved, bored, poisoned, or drugged me. I'm A okay! Tired but okay! I'm always tired in the morning. That's common sense right there.

Alex sat up with me on his lap and he stroked my hair.

"You okay Baby?" He asked softly.

"Yeah." I said quietly smiling a bit. He got off the sofa sitting me up on the sofa.

"I'm gonna make some food baby, do you want some too?" He asked softly.

That's another thing I liked about him. He gave me a choice. I wasn't forced.

"Yes please." I smiled. He smiled as he lifted me up by my armpits and set me on his hip. I rested my head on his shoulder and he lent down to pick up penguin from the sofa. He gave him to him, snuggling him into my chest and he headed off to the kitchen.

He placed me in my chair, making sure I was comfortable before strapping me in. He walked over to the fridge and opened it, making the light turn on.

"How do you feel bout some apple with honey and some yoghurt?" He asked.

How did he know?

"Yes please." I shyly said. He gave me a soft smile from the fridge before reaching in and taking out the yoghurt and apple before closing it again.

Lemon yoghurt. My favourite.

He went to the cupboard and took out the honey from the top shelf. He then started to prepare.