Chapter 17 | Arc I

(Ashborn POV)

'Did they enter my mind?' This was the first thought that flashed after seeing what was beyond those gates. 

In front of me, there was the city of Seoul, but it was burning. just like the Architect designed it and everything looked like it. 

I was already thinking that someone managed to enter my mind and saw my memories. I was absolutely sure that this wasn't it, I'm protecting my mind and even if I wouldn't, they won't be able to enter it so easily without me noticing. 

"My king, It is known that Relictombs are able to alter themselves and change the environment for Ascenders, creating different obstacles for different Ascenders." My Alacryan servant explained. 

This doesn't explain how they were able to recreate my creation. Without entering my mind. There shouldn't be anyone who knows about this other than me, my successor, and Architect. (Don't worry these characters won't appear here.)

I shifted my attention to something in the yellow sky. 

"My liege, someone is looking at us." Beru said and prepared to attack if necessary. 

No living presence, but it does also have consciousness another doll? 

"It teleported from somewhere, it will teleport again. Do not waste time on it." I told Beru. 

"Should we start clearing area, my liege?" Beru asked me excitedly. 

"Kill everything, except Ascenders if they are still here." I quickly gave the command and hundreds of my soldiers flew out from my shadow. 

I also started walking forward. If they copied my demon castle then there should be other floors, which means that I find a teleporter. 

My soldiers already started encountering some enemies. They were dolls, I'm doubting that there will be something that can be turned into my shadows.

'Maybe I had to go in Beast Glades before coming here?' It wasn't a bad idea to visit Beast Glades to increase my army.

"Search for the teleportation gates." I commanded my soldiers. 

They immediately complied and started searching for gates. While I was walking through burning and destroyed streets of the city, I encountered many monsters. 

They weren't comparable to Cerberus and easily were crushed by Ruler's Authority. Still, I'm impressed monsters didn't have mana, but they were strong if we will compare them to beasts in Beast Glades.

"My liege. We found teleportation gates, but it requires some kind of key." Beru informed me.

"Don't waste your time for searching the key." I will forcibly activate teleportation there was no need for a key. 

"My liege, shall I return to you and exterminate everyone on your way?" Beru asked me. (Poor Beru. He cares for his liege so much.) 

"Just stay where you are." I told him and fastened my pace. 

On the way, I haven't encountered any other monsters. They were already eliminated by my soldiers. That's to be expected from my army. 

"My liege, this is teleportation gate." Beru pointed at teleportation gates. 

"Let's not waste time. Everyone return." 

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*- 

Floor 1 till Floor 5. Everything was the same as Demon Castle, monsters were weak. The only difference may be that monsters didn't have mana and if they are not killed they will regenerate from any injuries.