Chapter 56

'Tessia?'

Eleanor was surprised. She heard the voice of another familiar person in this hideout, but there was much more to it. The little girl wanted to hear what happened on that day. How exactly was Arthur kidnapped during his stay at the academy?

Tessia was with a group of a few people, dressed in a black uniform. She had a weapon with her, just like any other member of her group. They looked like the guards of this city, strolling at night to patrol the perimeter.

"Tess!" Eleanor called out for the platinum-haired girl, startling Jasmine for an instance.

The group of people, including Tessia, turned their attention to the brown-haired girl. Some were wearing frowns on their faces from informal greetings towards the princess of Elenoir, while some of them didn't have particular reactions.

"Hm?" Tessia looked at the brown-haired girl for a few seconds before her face brightened.

"Ellie!" She exclaimed and ran up to Ellie. Others were taken aback because they all had the same question: "Who is this little girl?" Jasmine in particular was shocked. Wasn't the platinum-haired girl a former princess?

"I missed you so much, Ellie." The girls hugged each other softly, Tessia even pulled the little girl's cheeks, reddening them from stretching.

Pained Eleanor let out a little yelp, "Ouch, stop it!"

"No can do, not until I'm satisfied." Tessia shook her head and continued pulling Eleanor's cheek back and forth.

"Oh come on!" Eleanor grumbled but didn't fight back. She wasn't feeling annoyed. During Tessia's stay in Helstea's manor, they actually became really close friends.

Meanwhile, Jasmine kept an eye on the two. Ellie's friendship with Tessia was unclear to her, yet they appeared to be close friends. To the point where the princess began to play with her like she's some small child. The rest of the group shared Jasmine's impressions of the scenery.

Jasmine awkwardly raised her hand, "Um...your highness?" She asked.

Tessia shifted her gaze away from Ellie, towards the startled crimson-eyed woman. She immediately turned her head back to her friends and, a little embarrassed, let go of Ellie.

Returning to her formal self, the princess coughed. "*Cough* Ellie, you have grown into a fine, beautiful lady." After an awkward cough, she complimented her.

"Ah yes, I am a beautiful young lady," Ellie sneered. For Tessia not to notice her face, she hid her grin by looking away.

Tessia's eyes twitched in annoyance. When did the sweet girl she knew become such a cheeky creature? But what could she expect? Ellie had the same blood that flows in Arthur's veins, so there had to be some similarities between them.

"Ellie, when have you arrived?" asked Tessia.

"Just today." Ellie answered. Tessia nodded. Now she understood why she hadn't met her before.

"Princess, do you know her by any chance?" The elf with blond hair entered the conversation with a question.

"Yes, let me introduce you to her. This is Eleanor Leywin, Arthur's sister." Tessia introduced Ellie. The blond-haired elf's jaw dropped from the sudden information.

"As expected of my rival's sister, already a beautiful lady and a mage at such a young age," the blond-haired hummed.

"Eh, how do you know?!" Ellie, who was taken aback, exclaimed. They understood she was a magician, even though no one else had before. She was always covering her status as a mage, only her parents were aware of it.

[COMPLETED] TBATE | SHADOW MONARCHOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara