Chapter 51

Ashborn glared daggers in the direction of the guy in front of him. Ashborn's attitude appeared to be calm and uncaring, but the horned creature could read everything in his eyes.

The creature's presence was overwhelmed by the soul-piercing purple glowing eyes and the mana oozing from Ashborn's Black Heart.

The King, without a question. The presence which dominated over others. No matter what the horned creature has seen in his quite long life, nothing would compare to this one.

'Amazing, his mana is on another level entirely...' The lizardic creature was already getting energized.

The amount of energy absorbed by the armor he was wearing was astounding.

'To be thinking... this is just from his presence.' The chills ran down his spine. The animal instincts told him to flee, but he had no choice.

Meanwhile, Ashborn, who had already reattached his hand, had a very different thought process.

'This sword and armor of his, it is absorbing my mana.' A person with enough perception of magic would be able to see what was going on with the surrounding magic.

The mana that was leaking directly from Ashborn was absorbed by the opponent's armor. The sight appeared to be hauntingly similar to an electric dipole. The mana was being emitted by Ashborn, while the armor was receiving it.

'I have to stop this forcefully.' The flow from Ashborn's Black Heart was purposely stopped by him.

The lizard noticed this.

"Don't let your guard down!" His figure seemed to spread out into thin air.

The sword he held was untraceable by normal eyes. Ashborn would have to avoid it as it was absorbing the mana.

But however crazily it might sound, Ash deflected it with his fist.

'So it can't absorb hardened magical energy.' Ashborn came to a conclusion after noting that the amount of mana in his hand had not reduced.

The mana hardened to the point when it could be considered a matter. This was harmful to Black Heart, but it's not much damage.

The lizard continued his bombardment with the sword, trying to cut with it through Ashborn's flesh. The sword was leaving black threads after every slash.

The afterimages, merging into a continuous stream of blows, created the illusion that Ashborn and the lizard were bound by a black cord.

Regardless, the lizard accelerated his pace. The absorbed mana in his armor was transferred to him, considerably boosting the potency of his assaults.

But every blow was reflected.

Ashborn seemed to be surrounded by the areolas of black threads, yet he remained unscathed. The lizard's energy was sapped with each onslaught, and it was reabsorbed by its rightful owner.

It was already too late when the lizard recognized what was going on. For the first time, his opponent took a step forward.

The lizard's face became stiff, and he appeared to be concerned. The number of black threads increased as Ash approached closer. In less than a moment, he was already standing right in front of the lizard's face.

The following happened almost instantly. A large hole appeared in the lizard's chest. From the translucent trail in the air, it wasn't hard to realize that Ashborn's hand pierced the attacker's chest.

Surprisingly, the lizard leaped back instead of dropping lifeless. With the gaping hole in his chest.

"Hm, this armor has a lot more enticements." After his devastating attack, Ashborn was surprised to see the opponent standing.