Chapter 46

[Epheotus]

First time in years, the Asuras were truly restless. Not because they were fearful of someone, but because one of their kind vanished without a trace. Windsom from the Indrath clan hasn't responded nor come back to the land of Asuras for the past few days.

The duty of serving the Indrath clan was his responsibility and reporting the current status of Dicathen was his task. Windsom for many years did this without flaws, last time he was tasked to search Lady Sylvie's child.

"Speak." King of the Asuras, Kazess Indrath stated to his subordinate, who was kneeling in front of him.

"Yes, My Lord. Through many investigations, we found traces of Windsom's mana in the flying city of Lessers. From traces, we are able to exactly tell what happened to Windsom. He was without a doubt killed." Reported one of the subordinates, greatly shocking others aside from Kazess. Yet none dared to talk.

"Tell me the details." Briefly demanded Kazess, without changes in his expression.

"Site of the battle was filled with a large concentration of mana, yet none were of Windsom. No other presence of Asuras were detectable aside from Windsom's, in addition to that Windsom for some reason transformed into true form. Any utilization of Aether art wasn't discovered. With these details, we can conclude that Windsom didn't fight against another Asura's so this wasn't an affair organized by Vritras." Subordinate extended his explanation, catching everyone off guard.

"You imply that Windsom died in hands of Lesser?" Kazess sternly questioned.

"My lord, that was also the first thought that crossed my mind. However, after witnessing a large concentration of mana in the vicinity, I immediately denied the fact of Windsom dying at the hands of Lesser." Subordinate at the mention of this paled, remembering his investigation at Xyrus Academy.

"Detach the strongest units, Generals themselves shall lead investigation further. Whoever killed Windsom shouldn't be overlooked, even if that somebody is Lesser. If spotted, without delay report others and eliminate on sight." The King of the Asuras stood up from his throne and commanded.

"My lord! Please reconsider, it's too dangerous. Whoever was Windsom fighting against, has the larger mana capacity than hundreds of us combined!" Cried out a subordinate, the thought of actually fighting against such an opponent frightened him.

"So should we wait with folded arms?" Kazess queried while glaring at his subordinate. This made clear to everyone that his order was absolute.

Before walking out of the meeting room, Kazess turned towards a certain individual.

"Aldir, you will carry on searching for my grandchild instead of Windsom."

.

Meanwhile, on the floating city of Xyrus where the devastating battle occurred. Everything reverted to its former states, aside from the Academy, which was being rebuilt. Even if classrooms didn't take much damage, it was unsafe to let anyone enter the academy since there was a risk of the foundation falling.

"Uh! Why is it so cold out there, it's not even winter yet!" Elijah Knight whined, while his whole body was shaking.

"Weather became cold very early." Commented Arthur, although he could feel what actually was happening to the surroundings.

It wasn't the climate getting cold, but rather something different. Being a Quadra Elemental Mage, made Arthur feel and mend ambient mana way better than others.

"Even the leaves are gathering some black dust." Said Elijah.

"Hm?" Curious Arthur turned towards a nearby bush and verified if Elijah was telling the truth.