Chapter 18 | Arc I

(Ashborn's POV)

Someone was controlling this Vulcan doll. Vulcan was not an intellectual creature that could know what to do in situations where he can't avoid the attack. 

He will continue to use just brute force even when he clearly sees that the opponent is stronger than him. To say it easier Vulcan was just deadly stupid. 

"Come forth." I said and my whole army started coming out from the shadow. 

This isn't my style, but it would be better if I will end this quickly. My shadows can take his attention. 

Vulcan flinched at such development. 

'That confirms that it's not a doll.' I noticed how Vulcan flinched and visible fear could be seen in his eyes.

"My soldier, charge!" I commanded with a shout and everyone run towards Vulcan. 

Vulcan seemed to be lost. First, my ants from my army tried to bite him and slow him down. Beru managed to make a big cut across Vulcan's stomach. 

But obviously, it started healing, way faster than those dolls on previous floors. 

Vulcan started swinging his club and hitting my soldiers. He can continue doing this for some time, my soldiers are also regenerating and it's better than his regeneration. 

"Beru, try to cut his sight." I told Beru who immediately flew towards Vulcan's head. 

Vulcan noticed this and tried to avoid Beru, but the ant was fast enough to grab on its face, and then by digging his claws in its face reach eyes.

Vulcan tried to remove Beru from his face, the optimal option for him would be to swing his club at his face. But Vulcan didn't and tried to grab Beru with his big palm. 

Unfortunately for Vulcan, Beru reached its eyes way before he could grab ant. 

"*KEUKH*! TAKE THIS!" Beru screeched and swung his claw towards Vulcan's eyeball. 

After Vulcan lost sight in one of his two eyes, he swung his club towards his face. This was perfect timing for me to finish him off. 

I accelerated and run towards Vulcan and when I was near him I jumped above his head. When I was high in the air, Vulcan looked up at me. 

[Ruler's Authority] 

I used Ruler's Authority on my hand and when I was falling down and approaching Vulcan's head. 

I punched towards Vulcan and a chaotic gust of wind followed my action. 

My eyes widened when I saw that Vulcan wasn't here. I looked around and saw Vulcan in the far distance from me. 

'Did it teleport? No there isn't a disruption in surrounding mana...' Before I could finish my thoughts Vulcan disappeared from his place. 

I turned around knowing that Vulcan would be there, and he was there swing his club on me. With my hand reinforced with Ruler's Authority, I caught it.  

Vulcan then threw a kick towards me with his big leg. 

[Ruler's Authority]

I reinforced my second hand and caught Vulcan's kick. 

"Beru!" 

"Yes, my liege!" Beru flew towards Vulcan's head once again. 

'Why isn't he using his ability?' I wondered why didn't teleport or stop time to evade attack?