Chapter 30

"Who... Are...You?" Ashborn, who was pressing his leg on Elijah's neck asked.

Elijah couldn't speak, he just stared at the person who was holding him. He was terrified, Ashborn's eyes even if not having emotions in them, gave off the feeling of death.

"I will ask again, who are you?" Ashborn repeated his question again, but it felt like he wasn't asking Elijah.

Ashborn wasn't looking at the young dwarf's face, but his chest, at the location of heart to be exact.

"E-Elij- K-Knight..." Only his name escaped from Elijah's mouth. He couldn't continue speaking with his throat being pressed down.

Ashborn flickered his eyes from Elijah's chest to his face, then again he looked at his chest.

'I see...' Though Ashborn conjured his sword again.

Arthur, who was silent until now yelled out when he saw the sword.

"Ash! He isn't an enemy stop!" Ashborn still finished conjuring his sword.

Without any care to his surroundings, Ashborn held his sword over the chest of Elijah. Sharp edge of the sword was pointed directly at the heart, which was beating at a fast pace.

Elijah looked even more terrified, he tried to grab the sword and change it's direction.

"Hey, I said he isn't an enemy! What's wrong with you?!" Arthur yelled on top of his lungs.

But when he saw that there wasn't any way to stop his brother from talking, he started entering his Beast Will.

Gold runes started spreading in his hands, and even under his eyes too. Sylvia's will granted Arthur the ability to get out of time and space's reach.

Color of the world around Arthur changed. Arthur felt a big amount of pain in his chest, but he had to save Elijah now. He didn't know him much, but right now in his eyes his brother is killing innocent.

He walked towards Ashborn and Elijah, he could see how close the sword was already to rip through flesh.

He looked at Ashborn for a second, but what he saw shocked him even more.

Ashborn's eyes were staring at him, piercing his soul itself. Nonetheless Arthur has seen enough surprises from his brother already.

So he moved Ashborn's legs away from Elijah's neck.

'What the hell is with this... Does he weight a fucking ton.' Arthur yelled in his mind. He barely managed to even move Ash's legs away.

He then carefully dragged away Elijah from there.

And finally he deactivated his Beast Will. Colors shifted back again to normal, and everything started moving. (I get 'Za Warudo' vibes.)

"Arthur, you aren't in condition to use your beast will." Ashborn started calmly and started walking towards them.

"I can't let you kill innocent people." Said Arthur and prepared to use his beast will again.

But his limits were already reached, and he wasn't in condition to surpass them.

[Ruler's Authority]

Ashborn's mana froze Arthur and Elijah in one place. While other people were watching this whole scene, they still couldn't do anything.

'I can't move!' Arthur tried to move and drag the already unconscious Elijah away.

Without wasting time Ashborn quickly appeared next to them. He again pointed his sword at Elijah's heart, and with thrust...