Chapter 40

(3'rd POV)

"Eh... You against me? I uh.." Arthur stuttered between his words, knowing full well he didn't have any chances of winning the fight.

He didn't know how, but even using Static Void wouldn't help much against Ashborn. Ash was able to keep him in sight even when time stopped, but that was before. Right now Ashborn might have found out a way to stop Arthur. Art just had a gut feeling.

"You all are going to fight against me." Said Ashborn looking at people who were still on their two.

Most of them were either lying from exhaustion, some of them just being knocked out. Anyway, all members of the Student Council and Disciplinary Committee were in good condition.

"Isn't this too much?" Awkwardly asked Arthur.

"All of you against me, it's better that one on one is it not?" Questioned Ashborn, of course Arthur couldn't retort what Ashborn just stated.

"We don't have chances to escape right?" Arthur looked back at his group, seeing them only shaking their heads in denial, he accepted his fate and took a stance. If he wanted to somehow come out with little rewards, he needed to put up a good fight.

Others did the same and took a stance, but didn't dare to attack.

"Well this is awkward." Said Arthur nobody moved an inch, even Ashborn was just standing, looking at them.

"Move your asses!" Arthur shouted at his class, still not moving his eyes from Ashborn.

"So for you, it's awkward to fight against one opponent? principles or just fear?" Ashborn asked, only receiving silence as a response.

"You shall know enemies don't always play fair and square. I might just attack you right now." Ashborn declared and lazily dashed towards Arthur.

'He's slow?' Arthur questioned himself but was answered immediately when Ashborn accelerated after a few steps.

"Arthur watch out!" Claire shouted at Arthur just when Ashborn was about to hit Arthur.

'He changed pace so quickly!' Noted Arthur and swung his sword at his opponent.

Ashborn saw small twitches in Arthur's muscles and before Arthur could even fully swing his sword, Ash moved away. the attack couldn't even reach him. Arthur wasn't shaken from this and augmenting his legs with mana, he jumped at Ashborn preparing another slash. Ashborn following Arthur's actions also jumped towards him.

Art slashed the sword again, surprisingly his brother followed the direction of swing. Arthur could clearly see in slow motion, Ashborn followed the attack's direction avoiding tip hitting him. This created a great opening for Ashborn since Arthur couldn't swing his sword again with the same speed and power.

Of course, he took this opportunity and kicked Arthur's wrist making his weapon fall out from his grip. Fortunately, Art immediately jumped back from the place.

"I have to admit, even in close combat, I have zero chances. I need your help guys." Said Arthur picking up his sword.

"We had to begin from this." Grinned Theodore and took a stance with fists clenched.

Both the Disciplinary Committee and Student's Council lined up next to Arthur... making them easy targets for Ashborn. Maybe if he informed them about him being the type of mage who doesn't care about classification, MAYBE then they wouldn't do this...

"You are making yourself an easy target for conjurers. Keep a distance of at least 15 meters." Instructed Ashborn, it was important to keep distance in a pandemic. (You should also wear a face mask)