Chapter 70

I'm posting some chapters ahead of time on my discord server: https://discord.gg/r2VSvS5kaH
________________________________________________________________________________

Inside, the villa was pretty modest; it didn't have gold in every corner of the room. It was a cozy place to rest and have fun. After a little tour through it, the group finally settled into the huge living room that could house a few hundred people.

Tessia was extremely eager to see her parents again, and it took less than ten minutes for them to arrive. The royalty were escorted into the room with an escort made up of shadow soldiers.

The human and elven royal families were now together in one place.

"Tessia!" Merial's motherly instincts immediately acted up as she crashed into Tessia's embrace. Followed by his husband. Virion just stood a little bit away, simply appreciating the moment.

The elven girl wasn't the only one who saw their families; Kathyln and Curtis only now saw their parents in the flesh. Many families were reunited with their children just because Ashborn deemed it necessary. Claire finally saw her mother and father, and the rest of the DC did the same. The only one left was Elijah, but there were Leywins for him. Helstea soon joined them in the full squad as well.

It seemed that everyone was getting back to a happy life at that moment, and nobody questioned that. They didn't want it to end anyhow, but whoever made it possible, they were thankful.

"It's nice to see them enjoying this with all their hearts..."

"Indeed."

Kaspian separated from Bladehearts and approached Ashborn. He loved his family more than anything else. Despite Claire not being his brother's child, he loved her as his own since he didn't have one. Ash noticed this long ago.

"Mr. Ashborn I can't express how thankful I am."

"There's no need in trying anymore, I can feel it well. I'm thankful for helping me out, Kaspian. It's indeed been a long journey.

"Hm?"

"This time, I must take care of it...unfortunately, Dicathen or Alacrya won't be of any help."

"Is it so dreadful?"

Ashborn only nodded his head. Kaspian was shaken by the news but seeing how Ash looked forward with no fear in his eyes and how he observed what everyone was doing with joy. made him think the same way.

This person in his teens went through more than he did in his thirties. He had trust in the shadow monarch, so if his wish is such, he may let it be so.

"So there is hope..."

"There always is." Hope is the most powerful weapon in the arsenal of every thinking being, and it should never be underestimated. Be it a human, elf, or dwarf, hope is present in every one of them. However, the person who lost it... is the most dangerous.

As long as they have hope, Ashborn can continue on his path without fear.

"Kaspian, can I ask for the last ever favor?"

"Yes, whatever you desire, I'll fulfill it to the best of my abilities."

"I just want you to bring in that room council and my family along with the royalty. I have something to say." Instantly, Kaspian nodded and left Ashborn. The auburn-haired, on the other hand, entered the room, which was basically his office of sorts.

A few minutes later, Kaspian returned with everyone Ashborn had asked to bring. Clearly, they were worried.

"I thank you for coming here on my call. I just have a few things to say before I have to go once again... Some of you know that my brother, Arthur Leywin, was kidnapped by Asuras prior to that. It is my main objective to return him, but I fear everything is much more complicated."