Chapter 48

[Xyrus]

"Wonderful."

Agrona Vritra, king of Alcrya, also the head of the Vritra clan. With a wicked smile on his face, he was staring further into the territory of Beast Glades from the tallest place in Xyrus Academy.

"Earth is trembling, mana is chaotic, this feeling of death that hunts me down. What a terrifying creature... It's still affecting me from kilometers away, managing to dump our way of communication." He said with visible excitement and then looked at the unconscious body in his hands.

"Don't you have a wonderful family Arthur Leywin or should I call you King Grey heh?" Agrona chuckled and then glanced at the person approaching him.

"Charge up the attack, we've already got my daughter and an important part of our future plans." He gave the command, the man next to him reluctantly nodded.

Preparation for the activation of the devastating technique soon was done. The man who had to activate the technique was Aldir, current holder of the World Eater technique.

"It will take time to activ-" Aldir couldn't finish his words, as he noticed a bizarre sight. The same man who gave him command was pierced with black spike, though the man seemed to not mind it at all.

"I was wondering, where are my retainers disappearing all of a sudden... So that's what you transformed into." He spoke while looking at the shadowy figure.

"Finish charging technique soon. Something terrifying is approaching."

_________________________________________________________________________

At this time in the Beast Glades, a purple column of mana burst out in the sky.

The mountain where this took place, started collapsing under the pressure. Clouds above it were all pushed away, as sun rays eventually struck the site. The light finally landed in the center of a massive crater, displaying Ashborn in his full glory.

He was looking up into the sky. His black helmet-like liquid disappeared in his shadow, revealing the purple glowing eyes. He afterward looked around once more, to check on his surroundings.

Even though Asuras were powerful beings, against the undying legion of shadows they couldn't fight forever. Although the Shadow Army itself could fight even for eons if their King had enough magical power for them.

"Skreee!" Beru screeched wildly, pinning down his enemy on the ground. In an instant, he blurred out of sight from there, perplexing opponent.

Using this moment, Windsom brought down his massive head in front of the enemy and charged another burst of energy right above Asura. An Asuran warrior was scorched alive.

On the other hand, not many shadow soldiers could stand their ground against the Asuras. They were just ferociously charging at opponents trying to exhaust them while being struck by their attacks continuously.

This led to Ashborn overloading his still incomplete Black Heart. With the colossal amounts of mana being produced in it, the container began to fracture. So as a result mana was bursting out from the heart in the form of dark flames with a purple hue.

For Asuran warriors it seemed like Ashborn's left side of the chest was flaming. Thinking it was better to attack while the enemy wasn't moving, Asurans charged at Ashborn. The first line of their assault team flew ahead at high speed, aiming their best attack for the head.

Yet, their attacks were rendered fruitless. The moment they shifted, Ashborn glared at them with his soul-piercing eyes, even if he wasn't unleashing his intent to kill, the Asuras were shaken to the core.