Chapter 45

Prior to the actual battle between Ashborn and Windsom, Xyrus Academy was still asleep. Most of the students were sleeping, they were fortunate enough to be out of the center of the battle.

While the teaching staff was doing their auxiliary work in their offices. The academy, in other words, was in peace, no one would anticipate literal demolition of it. Even Ashborn himself didn't expect to battle today, he merely desired to spend some time with his family.

Regrettably, his plans were ruined when he realized he forgot to designate shadow soldiers to Arthur. Knowing Arthur's bad luck, Ashborn knew he would get in trouble every time he found a chance for it. Indeed, this was the chance for Arthur to find a problem! (It's not his fault though...)

*Boom* *Rumble*

The loud racket of something smashing into the building resounded in the whole school grounds. Everyone was alerted by this, because soon earthquakes followed it, almost knocking them off balance.

Cynthia Goodsky, director of the Xyrus Academy who was relaxing in her office, almost immediately got on her two feet. Her bond was the same, for it sensed great danger.

'Cynthia you must evacuate all the students.' Wyvern in the form of an owl telepathically told Cynthia.

"They couldn't possibly attack now, maybe..." Cynthia held back her assumptions and got to work.

"Avier let's go." She told her bond, who just simply nodded and took its usual place, on Cynthia's shoulder.

Soon after the first Shockwave another resonated and the only one who witnessed what actually happened, was Arthur. Just being close to the presence of the two made his skin almost burn from the amount of mana concentrated on site. One of the two was actually an intimidating dragon, way bigger than Sylvie and approximately the same size as Sylvia.

'At this rate, the whole of Xyrus might get destroyed.' Arthur stated in his mind, but he believed his brother would not let that happen.

"Come forth." The authoritative voice of Ashborn traveled through mana, spreading throughout the battlefield.

A horde of black monsters, with purple mana leaking out of them as blazing flames, started emerging from man's shadow, expanding without the end, covering the whole battleground in darkness. They completely surrounded Windsom in dragon form.

Windsom's scheme to use a large-scale strike to destroy as much ground as possible failed just when monsters encircled him like a barrier, shielding everything beyond it.

When he opened his mouth, a blast of energy expeditiously made its way towards the black monsters. Even if the monsters dissipated after impact, they quickly regenerated and stood there without visible damage. Seeing that the effect of his attack was a failure, Windsom once again reverted to his human form.

'I should get out of here...' This was the first idea he got.

Windsom didn't have enough self-confidence to fight against regenerative monsters. Attacking Ashborn was also a bad idea since the demonstration of his strength was no joke. He had two options, the first being, overpowering Ashborn in physique, and the second was to teleport away.

The second was the best option, given that he didn't have the slightest idea of what Ashborn was truly capable of. So he decided to go with it.

Sadly for him when he attempted to teleport he felt that the space currently he is in, was separated from the real world. Ashborn coated space with a barrier spreading his mana in it, to root out every magic which used ambient mana. To bypass the effect of the barrier, a person must apply his own internal mana, which as well shall be denser than Ashborn's.