Chapter 67

I'm posting some chapters ahead of time on my discord server: https://discord.gg/r2VSvS5kaH
________________________________________________________________________________

"Princess Tessia!"

The shout was coming from above. The voice was unfamiliar to Claire, but not to Tessia. From somewhere, the latter had heard of it before. Back in the years, when she was still an elven princess and didn't attend Xyrus.

There were two lovely ladies passing by in the corridors, and both of them greeted her in the same manner. 'Princess Tessia' they addressed her like that. One of them had jet black hair and a seductive figure. The second was an elegant woman, with white-greenish hair. Elves, of course, since at that time humans weren't allowed in the Kingdom.

Apparently, later she found out that the two of them were Lances. Lance Aya, nicknamed "Phantasm," and Lance Alea, nicknamed "Aureate," The strong women whom Tessia respected and aspired to become in the future.

"Lance Aya?!" She called out for them. Indeed, it was them. Lance Aya flew down, followed by Lance Alea. First used her wind magic to sweep away all the fog around her and create a breathing space.

"Princess Tessia! We apologize for being so late. Please, move out of this forest and let Alea escort them. Bairon should be arriving as well, knowing that the human princess and prince are here. You might as well find them!" Aya instructed her companion quickly. This was not the time to be playing around, and Aya knew it well.

"Got it." Alea shot a salute before grabbing onto the girl with vines and lifting her in the air together with her.

Aya, on the other hand, is prepared to engage the enemy. She used wind and sound magic to conceal her presence. In this state, she shouldn't be seen by anyone else if she doesn't wish them to find her.

The lance then gently flies up above the smoking forest and tries to search for the most problematic enemies. Two of them were already apparent, as their battle was shaking the earth miles away. The huge bear, with endurance large enough to take hits and not even flinch, and the skinny man in dark clothes, fast enough to make even Aya hard to follow with her eyes.

'I need to get closer.'

For better observation, Aya decided to shorten the distance between the battle and herself. Willing herself to fly forward, Aya's magic responded to her and made her body float in the desired direction. While Aya was calmly watching how the battle would unfold, Tank was having a sweaty battle with the Alacryan man.

The shadow's large body wasn't as maneuverable as the man's, it had the scary speed, but the Alacryan still appeared faster. He would easily use his sickles to rip and tear Tank's shadowy body, only for it to regenerate again. The battle wouldn't stop until the Alacryan runs out of stamina, Tank will just exhaust him.

'This thing...it's not mutated beast.'

The Alacryan dismissed his previous claims. The shadowy bear definitely isn't a mutated mana-beast. Even he doesn't have this kind of regeneration, and nobody should have! When his sickle passed through the bear's body, it just didn't feel material.

'And who's this... annoying bug?'

Alacryan's eyes shot upwards, to where he felt the presence of someone else. 'Pretty strong. The white-core mage... most likely a lance. Can conceal her presence...maybe that one. Yeah, sure, that's her. An elf with wind and sound magic.'

He pretended he didn't see the woman flying in the sky but just continued to fight his opponent. This manipulation of battle was unnoticed by both Tank and Aya. The elf just continued to observe while the bear furiously kept attacking the man.