Chapter 35

(Ashborn's POV)

Soon the party came to an end when the bell rang at midnight. Officially making it Ellie's birthday, after more dancing and drinking guests started leaving, allowing maids to start cleaning.

Mother and father both gave Ellie beautiful hair ties with some ornaments as presents.

'Father... Wasn't that a cheat move?' I thought.

While we were planning to gift individual presents. Father cooperated with mother, and mother being a woman could choose something for a girl. The excited expression on Ellie made me wonder if I had a chance of winning, she even asked the mother to tie her hair with it.

I'm glad that she got to enjoy this party. She got disappointed when learned that Twin Horns wouldn't be able to attend the party, because of their mission in the guild. I myself would like them to come. Even though I could easily transport them here, the mission they were doing was important. (Keep in mind Dungeons are blocked for everyone. Nobody can enter aside for Ashborn.)

There was also Tessia present. She gifted Ellie a bow, it wasn't on the same level as Ellie's current bow. But it could be used for normal training. When mother asked who gifted it to her, Tessia just raised her hand.

"I-It was me, Hehe..." With an awkward laugh, Tessia answered.

Surprisingly Ellie hugged and thanked Tessia, startling her.

Now was time for Arthur's present. Seeing wrapped boxes in Arthur's hands Ellie's eyes shone brightly.

"Happy birthday, little sister." Arthur handed one box to Ellie and the second to mother.

Ellie, without wasting time, opened the box immediately. What she saw was a necklace with a golden chain and a light pink gem attached to it with the symbol of the phoenix. Mother's reaction was even stronger than Ellie's. She stared right at the light pink gem.

"Wow! It's so pretty!"

"Th-This is gorgeous..."

"Keep it all the time, okay?" Arthur told them satisfied with his gift, It was hurt to say if he even wanted to compete against us.

"Now, it's my time. Ellie, actually your gift is already waiting for a long time. Go to your room and see." This was a little moment of surprise for Ellie, her curiosity didn't allow her to stay here anymore. She took off and run to her room.

"What are you gifting her?" Both father and Arthur asked me. I just kept silent and waited for the right moment.

"Kyahh!" We heard Ellie's cute scream.

Everyone looked at me before running upstairs to see what's going on. The door in her room was open, so everyone entered it.

"Kya! Soo cute!!!!!!!!" Everyone sighed in relief when they saw that Ellie wasn't hurt.

"Wait... What is she holding in hands?" Arthur asked, he couldn't see anything because of darkness.

"It's a puppy." I said while my mother seemed relieved. Father and Arthur were both glaring at me as if saying 'That's cheating dude'.

"Brother! Is that puppy for me?!" Asked Ellie and when I nodded to her, others realized...

I won.

Ellie liked my gift most, it was clear as the sky that Ellie was most emotional after seeing the little puppy. Black puppy with purple eyes, yes it was my summon with the ability to change body properties.

"I never saw such a species in my life, Is this really just a normal puppy?" Asked Vincent.

Obviously, you wouldn't find mana-beast on the surface. They inhabit a dungeon in Beast-Glades, while clearing some dungeons, I accidentally found this mana-beast and decided to take him. To my surprise later it has grown into a strong shadow soldier with decent physical prowess.