Chapter 22

(3'rd POV)

Standing few meters away from each other, Ashborn and Reynolds. Son and Father duo were facing each other. 

Reynolds after getting stuck on solid orange-stage managed to get on the next stage quite easily with the help of S-Class beast core. Right now Reynolds is light orange-stage and is close to breaking through yellow-stage.

Besides he managed to assimilate with beast-will that he found in beast-core. He can bring out the first phase of his beast will without any after-effects on his body. 

"Father, Are you ready?" Ashborn asked father who only grinned and immediately entered the first phase of his beast-will.

His hair stood up and turned its color into white, eyes meanwhile turned into bloody-red color. 

'He can't transform more than that?' Ashborn noticed that something didn't let beast-will work on its full potential. 

"I can only enter the first phase of my beast-will." His father answered and Ashborn only nodded. 

'He just doesn't know what is second-phase.' Ashborn thought it was weird why he didn't transform fully. 

Now he realized that people here think that beast-wills have phases of transformation. His father had great strength to handle this beast-will and it should be able to transform fully, he just doesn't exactly realize what his own beast-will is. 

"Here I come." Reynolds dashed at Ashborn with great speed. 

He quickly got near Ashborn and tried to punch him, but Ash just evaded his punch. Ash in return swung his leg at his father. Reynold noticed leg aimed at his chest and quickly jumped back. 

'Beast-like reflexes.' Ashborn analyzed his father's movements. Reynolds managed to see his attack even though he didn't put any effort into it. It's still formidable that someone actually saw his swing. 

"Not bad, not bad. I even got surprised." Reynolds joked and again dashed at Ashborn who still remained standing in one pose.

This time Reynolds didn't attack mindlessly and kicked the ground to raise dust in the air. This was made to block Ashborn vision, but Ashborn never relayed on his sight only. Ashborn's sensitivity to mana is so high that even with covered eyes he can still fight Reynolds.

While dust-covered the whole imaginary arena. Reynold continued to attack Ashborn who only evaded or blocked him. 

'He can see me in this dust.' Reynolds received senses of the beast from his beast-will. Even in this dust where normal sight wouldn't help you Reynolds could clearly see Ashborn and his movements. Besides Reynolds showed extreme reflexes, when he evaded Ashborn's kick.

Reynolds tried to kick Ashborn, but Ashborn caught his leg. Without wasting time Rey twisted his body, so he could use another leg to kick Ashborn. This time he managed to connect his leg at Ashborn's face. 

Ashborn was pushed back from this contact, but no visible injuries were seen on his face. He was perfectly fine. but uneasiness was found on Reynold's face.  

"You sense this right, the feeling that you are prey." Ashborn told his father. 

Ashborn was releasing some of his mana. For normal people or mages, this mana would give a feeling of fright. But for Reynold who now had beast-like senses, it felt like he was in front of his predator.

He was prey.

"That wolf in the dungeon also felt the same. He wanted to run away from fright, but couldn't." Ashborn said as he took a step forwards.