Chapter 33

(Ashborn's POV)

"Let's get going already." I told a group of men.

"Isn't it exciting? 6 strongest mages on the whole Dicathen." Elijah started fanboying over Lances.

"And you also live with an S-Class adventurer under the same roof." Joked Arthur making everyone except me laugh.

"So right now you are going to some artificer right?" Father asked when we approached the carriage. Arthur and Vincent just nodded to him.

"I have a few things to do, so I'll meet you at home. Don't cause too much trouble." With this said father stepped into the carriage and soon left.

After father's carriage left our sight, Vincent stopped the public carriage, and we also stepped into it.

"Please take us to Gideon's facility." Vincent told our destination to the driver who moved the carriage and after about 30 minutes of driving, we could see Elixirs and Artifacts shops.

Arthur and Elijah were both staring out of the window, looking at every shop that we passed by.

"This is the part of the city where most of the artificers gather. There are a lot of gadgets and aids for mages if you want to check it out later." Vincent told us. Obviously, it was meant for two other boys.

Vincent's words took Wlijah's interest and he requested to stop at some shop. He wanted to look around and maybe even boy something, we didn't stop him and let him go. Arthur even made Sylvie follow Elijah.

An hour later, we saw a wide single-storied building. Buildings similar to this were rarely seen in clustered cities such as Xyrus.

"We are here!" The driver announced as we got out of the carriage and made our way towards the front door of this fairly large building.

Vincent knocked on the door and some man dressed as a butler opened it.

"Greetings. Master Gideon isn't ava- Ah, Hello master Vincent, please come in." He greeted us and later motioned us to step inside.

To say that building from inside was awful is an understatement. Everything here actually stinks, smells of a lot of chemicals, and unwashed clothes that were thrown around made this place look like a trash-site, more than a workplace of the artificer.

Judging from the actions of the butler, it seems that this artificer is anti-social and doesn't interact with unimportant people.

"Himes! I've told you not to let anyo- Oh it's you, Vincent. I see you've come to bother me again." From the corner of the room, we heard the voice of some man.

When I looked at the person, I saw a skeleton. The man had pale skin, his long hair seemed to be struck by lightning and there were dark bags under his eyes. Even his clothing was dirty as the room itself.

"Haha! As welcoming as ever Gideon." Laughed Vincent awkwardly and gave his acquaintance a smile and handshake.

Small talk between 'elders' took not much time. They discussed things that were already mentioned in the announcement, but Gideon still slipped some information. Arthur used this chance and without saying anything took large parchment. He started making some sketches.

Apparently, it was a blueprint of a ship that worked on steam. Of course in a world where everything heavily relies on magic, this is a breakthrough in science.

But I myself still prefer magic. Since it can be used anywhere and everywhere...also because unlike others I have enormous mana reserves.

"T-This is..." Gideon's sleepy eyes widened at Arthur's blueprint.