Chapter 68

I'm posting some chapters ahead of time on my discord server: https://discord.gg/r2VSvS5kaH
________________________________________________________________________________

'How did he do this?'

The lance Aya was asking herself. Her eyesight was too slow to notice what had happened. The person was faster than light, he simply emerged in front of her when the explosion of black flames occurred. She found herself in a barrier that protected her from the lingering flames. Meanwhile, the person who was standing in front of her was doing nothing.

'I must do it.' The elf forced herself to stand up. The pain was unbearable, but by using augmentation, she managed to raise herself on her knees and then on two legs. She was in a must-do situation, where death was the least of the sacrifices she could make.

She takes a step forward to deal with the black flames, but the person gives her a glance, making it clear to her that the person had something planned and it was best not to interrupt. In the next second, she enlarged her eyes as the dangerous magic just dissipated. Every little spark of the flames was now nonexistent. For a moment, she came to regret the decision, the scythe lunged at the person, with his sickle prepared to strike.

'Shit!'

The auburn-haired wasn't even looking at this opponent. Was he caught off guard? Funnily enough, instead of him being stabbed, the sickle just stopped on his skin with a clang. Aya asked herself how tough this guy could really be if the metallic sickle, which could tear apart everything, was stopped like this.

The scythe jumped away the moment the person laid eyes on him, out of fear? Yes, Aya could now clearly read his expression. The previously unshaken scythe trembled with fear. He was close to pissing himself off...

'Just how strong is he?'

More surprises came when the scythe was caught in the air by a mysterious force. The purple hue surrounded the scythe, and the shape of it really resembled the palm of a human. The floating man was about to be squashed by this purple hue. He was definitely under pressure and blood was leaking from his nose.

"I'm friendly. You can leave for your initial mission. I'll take care of this."

She flinched. This voice didn't resemble the appearance the teenage guy had. It was a low, authoritative voice; the words sounded like a command. Aya was unsure if she could've left them. There was also this giant bear... which was now bowing its head towards auburn-haired.

"I believe it's not time to process things slowly. As proof of my allegiance, I'll finish this off, instead of you."

He was right, though. Aya couldn't proceed according to the situation. Even though it was a requirement for lances to act as quickly as possible in situations where normal soldiers couldn't. But what exactly could she do?

'Princess Tessia!' The elf girl needed help, and it was her duty to protect the royal family. She needed some kind of antidote or a healer who could've neutralized the poisonous liquid.

"Can you neutralize poisons?!"

Aya screamed at the teen, hoping that her answer would be what she wanted. At first, it wasn't what she would like. The guy just threw something else at her. The thing was a vial with golden ornaments, and bloody red liquid filled it. 'What is this?' was what Aya had thought at that moment.

"There's no need for anything, Tessia is alright."

Aya, first of all, wanted to ask how she knew who she was thinking about. Nonetheless, instead, she questioned how Tessia was alright. The liquid that the scythe was using was no joke. She herself was lucky to handle the situation well.