Chapter 81

I'm posting some chapters ahead of time on my discord server: https://discord.gg/r2VSvS5kaH
________________________________________________________________________________

The sky was painted black, and the ground was all red. The once beautiful and rich land of Epheotus melted into lava that moved around like a river. The world was set ablaze, and there was nothing else that could stop it. Hurricanes with immense amounts of magic swept across the lands, destroying every last vestige of civilization.

For a few minutes now, the blood was gushing out of Ashborn's chest. It soaked the soil and withered.

Ashborn lies motionless on the ground, his face impaled on the scorched ground and no breath coming from his mouth. His human heart was still beating. It was slow, not strong enough to support life... But it was there.

[With this, we are officially ready for the conquest.]

On the same ground, Antares was standing proudly while holding the black heart in his hands. The magical weapon was still burning strong, and despite its current status, it was harming the dragon monarch in some way.

There is so much magical energy in this thing. How did this bastard maintain it?] The other two monarchs stared at the Black Heart with their jaws dropped. The magical item was burning in Antares' hand, and knowing how durable the dragon monarch was, this feat is unimaginable.

Antares gave the two a side glance. [He is strong, unlike some.]

He was a deceiving person, but he was going to be true to himself. The rest of the monarchs weren't even worthy of Ashborn's percent. Two Of them were killed by the Shadow Monarch's vessel, who hadn't even properly awakened his power.

They were arrogant, and their arrogance wasn't backed by their power. All the work so far was done by him. Antares brought them back, gave them suitable bodies, and even now, if not for him, they'd surely be dead. In the past and even now, he thought about dismissing them. But there was still his loyalty to the Absolute Being. And he created them as equal monarchs. Besides the gap in power. They had their purpose, and they were leading an army by themselves. His dragons were more than enough for him, but he had to admit that there weren't many of them. And in order to rule over everything, he needed the other monarch's authority.

Of course, as he was the strongest of them all, nobody could rebuke him. Those monarchs just looked away, ashamed. Their pride was hurt.

[There is no time for useless bickering. Finally, the power of the cup is assembled and it's in my hands.]

Antares laid his hands on the fourth fragment of the cup before Ashborn could even attempt to get it. He did this with a little catch, but the point is that he has now also got the other three fragments.

[The Cup of Reincarnation? Isn't that the Supreme Being's tool that was used by the Rulers?]

[So it was in the hands of the Shadow Monarch?]

Antares confirmed their statements, [That's how it was. But I guess the ruler's messed up and the cup broke into fragments.]

[Heh, their mistakes will cost them their lives.] The Beast Monarch grinned in satisfaction.

[There are still threats to our goals. Ashborn wasn't the only one with the power of darkness. His successor is still in the corner of the universe, most likely already aware of our comeback.]

The chills run down their spines at the mention of the second shadow monarch. Legia encountered that person while chained with magic-absorbing chains, but the aura that surrounded that guy was no joke. He kept in mind that he wasn't a complete monarch at that time.