Chapter 49 | Season 5 👇

Beru was a simple soldier in Ashborn's shadow army. When it came to his liege, he was respectful, courageous, and devoted.

He may be defined as a soldier who is unafraid of fighting. Beru would charge at his opponent mindlessly at times, and even if the enemy had greater strength than him, he would smash his limitations in the dust, destroying his opponent with pure willpower.

His liege's authority permitted him to live eternally. Beru was ecstatic to have been given this opportunity by his liege.

The other shadow soldiers were similar to Beru in that they were fearless in the face of formidable foes. If their sovereign so wished, they would gladly accept death.

People would be unable to express their emotions if asked. The shadow soldiers possessed feelings, but nothing that any sentient being in this universe could comprehend.

They died and were brought back by the King of the Dead. In comparison to before their resurrections, their feelings have radically changed. It affected even monsters with no brains and only primal impulses.

They are confronted with new emotions, including hostility. Contempt towards anyone who offends or provokes their king.

But they are not dreadful of opponents; this was the Shadow Army's most unique feature. It might be the greatest weapon or just a waste, since they eat up liege's energy by suffering damage blindly.

However, for the time being. The most fearless of the soldiers was trembling with terror, and the rest were no better.

Someone was putting pressure on them?

No, in fact, it was the polar opposite.

They felt nothing.

The attachment their liege previously had towards Reynolds, Alice, Eleanor. and Arthur Leywin, faded in the deepest parts of the nothingless. Ashborn sat on his throne with his eyes closed, showing no expression.

And this terrified the soldiers.

The throne was in the great hall of Ashborn's castle, which was located in the Beast Glades. The leaders of the two countries were present in the great hall, while the third was unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances.

They were simply standing there, trying to act calm despite the pressure they felt coming from a certain ant, if even their breath itched. The surprising part is that Beru did not take it as a disrespectful act, but was concerned about their lives.

Could Beru actually blame the weak beings for being afraid of the chilly wind which mysteriously flew back and forth?

Unlike him, they didn't have an explanation for the wind being in a sealed environment?

"Hm..." Ashborn slowly opened his eyes and inspected the people present.

He then glanced at the right side of his chest and placed his hand on it.

"This seems to bring some problems." Clutching something invisible, the wind in the room seemed to calm down.

Ashborn closed his eyes, inhaled, then reopened them and spoke, once more glancing at the people in the room.

"I have three announcements to make, one of which is pleasant, but the others are not." He continued with his arms folded and his legs crossed.

"I'll start with the awful ones, the first of which being a massive fight for the entire continent. The second, even the continent's strongest, has little chance of surviving the battle." Ashborn indeed revealed the awful news for the people in the vicinity.