Chapter 80 | The Shadow Monarch Returns to the World of Eternal Nothingness #2

I'm posting some chapters ahead of time on my discord server: https://discord.gg/r2VSvS5kaH
________________________________________________________________________________

"So, you're here?" The first shadow monarch asked the air. In his sight, there was no one, yet the feeling of being watched never left Ashborn.

*Step*

Ash turned his attention towards the voice. The capillary wave spread on the black floor as if someone was touching the fluid. This felt extremely nostalgic, and if he could, he would've been smiling, now that he knew how to smile.

He was actually surprised to see this person again. The joy in him finally made itself known, and he realized that he could also feel something missing in his new life. He didn't know this person would appear in front of him ever again.

"I apologize. Apparently, all my assumptions were invalid... Our paths did cross again."

Said the first Shadow Monarch to the approaching figure.

He was a handsome man with a lean physique. His defined jaw and height made his appearance unique. Those grey eyes of his would mesmerize any woman he'd look into. This time they glowed bright purple. While the jet hair on his head was technically invisible due to the surrounding darkness. It was blending.

"I thought the same, but I'm glad it came out to be not true." The young man commented on Ashborn's words.

As he focused on the ethereal form of Ashborn, a huge expression of gratitude appeared on his face. He walked up to Ash and pulled his hands out of his pocket for a handshake. With some hesitation, Ash accepted the handshake.

"It must be weird to see me in this appearance... I can't seem to control it."

The young man raised an eyebrow, "You can't? That seems weird. Last time you morphed into all of my family and close friends." In the end, he chuckled, remembering their last meeting.

"Since then, I remember passing down my power to you."

Of course, who could access this realm other than Ashborn himself? Only Sung Jin-Woo, his sole successor. This human lad, who turned the god-like being's life upside down with his fate, allowed him to feel happiness and rest.

"I'm glad that I could see you again." The words couldn't describe how grateful he felt toward this man, but he never had a chance to repay him. He disappeared. Just like that, the only thing he could tell him was "Thank you."

Despite the fact that it didn't seem like Ashborn needed anything more, his human morals were constantly troubled by it. He wanted to answer the man's goodwill for him in the same manner. And now he's got the chance.

Despite the current circumstances, Ash could still experience what it was like to meet someone you've known for a long time.

"I feel the disturbance in you. Has Eternal Rest not satisfied you?" Sung asked as he separated the hug from a shadowy figure.

"It's... a long story." Said the first shadow monarch in a frustrating tone.

"We have a lot of time here on us. There's nothing holding us back from using it."

Ashborn looked around and thought about it. This place was the Shadow Monarch's domain, which can be controlled. The time wouldn't pose a problem... Relent fully, he nodded.

Sung returned his nod, and with a swish of his hand, the environment around them changed once again. The tall brick buildings rose from the ground, and the roads began to cover the vast land. The sun appeared and the sky turned its usual blue color.