Chapter 41

"Never expected you to come so fast." Said surprised Seris.

"It happened so that I have great teleportation abilities." I replied and she just nodded.

I transported through shadows and appeared in Seris's shadow, which was previously occupied by Cylrit. Seris requested a meeting with me, so I didn't waste mine and her time so I immediately came here.

"You called me out here, not for just little talk right?" I asked, she again nodded.

"That's right. Alacrya is starting movements on Dicathen, I think you already know about this."

"I'm already aware, I caught a lot of spies by myself. Council also caught a few without my intervention." I replied.

"Hm, so Dicathen isn't as hopeless as I thought..." Muttered Seris under her breath.

"Dicathen would be fully devastated, of course without my intervention." I said.

War is unavoidable, Alacrya already sent spies and probably killed dozens of citizens on Dicathen. Then there is also me, I killed also killed their spies. The council might be lucky if imprisoned spies will say anything about Alacrya.

"We might as well take a walk, while you will explain what's going on." I told her as I started walking towards the nearest town, she followed me.

"You are walking towards the town. Are you perhaps searching for more information there?" Questioned Seris at which I just shook my head.

"Not exactly information. I just want to what's happening in town, to be exactly what normal civilians are doing for the upcoming war."

"They aren't aware of war itself yet, but they are ready for emergencies. After two Relictombs were closed, Vritras gave the command to be on guard." Seris explained the current situation in Alacrya.

"I have to admit. Those Vritras of yours really did make a good job forming the country." I praised them loudly for Seris to hear.

"Indeed, but they sacrificed a lot of Alacryans from their experiments. They injected their blood into citizens, I'm one of them." This topic should have angered her, but she was rather calm.

"Is this why you have similar mana-signature to beasts?" I tilted my head and asked.

"Should I take this as an insult?"

"Nevermind I already know the answer. Then do you want Alacrya to be freed from Vritras?" This was the last question I wanted to ask her.

"That was my desire from the beginning, you already know so I want to ask how?"

"When you said that you were doing your investigation in the dungeon. Also, your former servant told me a lot of things." Cylrit informed me about many things, including information about Seris and what was she doing.

"Cylrit told you... so he is under your full control. Just who are you really?" She narrowed her eyes at me.

"I'm human, just different from others." Technically that was the whole truth and I told her so.

"What are going to do if Alacryan spies organize attack in Sapin kingdom?" Seris asked after catching a small town in her sight.

"I will repay with little surprise, but it will be ten times worse if not even more." I answered, quickening my pace towards town.

"You aren't going to kill innocent are you?" I shook my head in denial of her question.

"I have no reasons to kill innocent. Such provocations aren't my style."