1 Khushi the Explorer

Part 1 Khushi the Explorer

A girl called Khushi was running, turning behind again and again. A few men were chasing her. She didn't know who they were and why they chasing her. She just came back to Delhi, after visiting Puri Jagannath Temple. She went to Puri Jagannath Temple, not because she was a sincere devotee but because she was so much interested in the ART and culture of Ancient India.

Her grandfather seeded such interest in her. She heard many stories from her grandfather from Indian history. He even taught her Sanskrit and Prakrit languages. Being a smart kid, Khushi learned it interestingly. It helped her to read Epigraphs. She was so curious to know new information, she liked reading them. So, she visited many temples in India.

A few years ago, her parents were killed in a mysterious way. At that time, she was studying in college. She didn't know why her parents were killed. After her parent's demise, she avoided stepping into their old house but stayed in a women's hostel.

As she belonged to a rich family, she never lacked money. She didn't know how her family was rich. Because her father was a government school teacher... Of course, a History teacher. Her grandfather was an archaeologist. She thought they belonged to a Royal family.

Here, she was running, being chased by a few men. She ran into a crowded street. There was a masque in the street along with a lot of shops. She entered a textile shop without thinking.

"I need this burqa. How much is this?" She asked.

The shopkeeper looked at her top to toe as she didn't look like a Muslim. Khushi understood the meaning of his awkward gaze.

"I need this for my college drama" she grinned.

"Oh..."

The shopkeeper was suspicious yet, he gave it to her.

Khushi came out of the shop cautiously, looking here and there. After making sure of they were not there, she stepped out of the shop, wearing the burqa in a blink of an eye.

She saw one of the men who chased her talking on the phone at the end of the street. He was wearing a red shirt that showed him highlighting. She stood listening to him, pretending like, buying apples in the nearby road shop.

"Don't know where did she go. We missed her. I don't know what will SIR say"

Khushi altered. SIR? Who was their SIR? What did he want from her? Who was he? She became curious. She wanted to know who was behind her. Not only that, she didn't want to leave it just like that.

So, she followed him. He waited on the main road for a while. A man came there on a bike. The redshirt man sat on the bike and left.

Khushi stopped an auto and asked the driver to follow them. After forty-five minutes of the ride, the bike stopped in front of a lonely bungalow. Cutting the auto meter, Khushi hid behind a tree and saw them going inside the bungalow.

Khushi slowly moved towards the bungalow. Without making noise, she walked to the backyard of the bungalow. She stopped hearing, a grumpy voice. She had heard the voice before. Though the voice sounded different it seemed familiar to her.

She slowly peeped inside the bungalow through a window. Her eyes widened. An old man was sitting on the chair, being tied to the chair tightly. He was her grandfather's friend Mr. Nayak. It was clear that he was beaten up brutally. She could see blood clots on his face.

"I don't know anything about it... even Khushi doesn't know about it. She is a kid. I was with her grandfather all the time. Yet, I don't know anything about it then how could she know? Please leave me..." he pleaded.