17 The Oath

Part 17 The Oath

"Shall I join you?" Asked Princess Chandrika.

Padmakshi looked at Khushi and said,

"What is this new habit, Chandrika? You had never joined us before...?" Padmakshi asked. That widened Khushi's eyes, Really?

"Today, I would like to..." she said glancing at Khushi.

Khushi somewhat understood what she was planning. She looked at the soft cotton ball and smirked.

"Ok... let's play"

Padmakshi said the rules to Khushi. She listened to it carefully as if she didn't know the rules of the seven stones.

A girl arranged the stones that were being painted beautifully. Two teams were ready. Padmakshi gave the ball to Khushi.

"You start the game..."

Khushi took the ball gladly. All took position. Khushi threw the ball and scattered the stones. The girls started trying to rearrange it. And started hitting the person with the ball who tried to arrange it. Khushi didn't care about the HITS as she knew the ball was not harmful. She arranged the stones as quickly as possible. Princess Chandrika was so engrossed to hit Khushi with the ball. Though Khushi didn't care about the hits she tackled all the hits of Chandrika. She didn't know why she didn't feel to let her win by hitting her. Within a few minutes, she arranged all the stones and hoped happily. Of course, she was not wearing a traditional outfit and jewelry as other girls did. Parallel pants and a short-sleeved top helped her to play comfortably. Her teammates surrounded her gladly, including Padmakshi.

"This is the first time, a person finished the game all alone, that too so quickly," Padmakshi said.

"Is it?"

"You played well, sister," a small girl said.

"Thank you" Khushi looked at Chadrika who was fuming.

Khushi smiled inwardly. How silly this girl was! She was trying to sort her enmity this way!

"Let's play another game... let's see who will win this time" Chandrika challenged.

Padmakshi looked at Khushi who shrugged her shoulders casually.

They played again... Khushi won again... without getting hit by Chandrika. They again cheered her up.

In the engrossment of the game, Khushi didn't notice that she was being watched by a few eyes. The first couple of eyes were Arnav's. The man who tensed like hell due to Hemadri's issue, smiled seeing Khushi playing. The smile reached his eyes too...! He even forgot the problem that was waiting to swallow him in a go. He wondered. How could he smile at this situation? Did Khushi have the capacity to make him forget all his problems? He wondered.

The next pair of eyes were King Chithanya's. He was observing the girl who was under allegation. He had no choice other than to go with Arnav's point after observing her. She didn't seem a spy. Even though she was trained not to show herself a spy as Hemari said her gestures didn't seem so. She didn't even give heed to the people in her surroundings that no spy would do. She was so engrossed in the game that she didn't even notice him watching her. Her concentration was only on arranging the stones. There was a VERY LITTLE chance for her to be a spy. He didn't know how Arnav was going to prove her innocent. Though he had confidence in Arnav his oath of relinquishing his post worried him because Arnav was a man of word. He would do what he said.

And... the third pair of eyes were Hemadri's... those were filled with pure LUST. He didn't know a girl like Khushi existed. He had never seen such a girl in his life. the girls in his country looked a little fatty or skinny... but Khushi was seemingly thin, at the same time, cubby too. How could a girl be like this? His eyes sparkled with lust. After all, he was a VERITY seeker. There was no girl in his country like Khushi. She was not wearing a saree like a sexy costume, yet, she looked sexy in his eyes. Of course, LOOKS would be different from person to person, according to their mindset.