20 Together

Part 20 Together

Khushi stopped seeing Arnav advancing her furiously. He came to her and asked,

"Did Hemadri meet you?" He asked.

Khushi was not surprised. After all, he was Prince Aparajith. He had his hands all over the kingdom then why not in the palace? She made up herself to handle him.

"Yeah... he came to meet me formally," She said with a normal expression.

"Why didn't you tell me about it?"

"I was supposed to tell you, before that, the girl caught my sight. How could I refuse her?" She said not showing any expression on her face. Arnav felt it odd.

"What did he say? Did you ask you anything?"

"Arnav, I think this is not a place to talk about it,"

"Why?"

"We are getting watched,"

"So what?"

"Do you trust me?" She asked.

Arnav gulped down and nodded yes.

"If it is true, please don't ask me anything, as of now. Let me handle him. Trust me... I will do it"

Arnav rolled his eyes. She walked to Atithi's room.

There she saw, Atithi sitting at the corner of the room. There were screens around her. Khushi sighed. She came to Atithi and smiled.

"Sister, see, these guys are making me sit alone," She said sadly.

"This is how it works," Khushi said and sat with her.

"You should not sit with her," Arunima said.

"No problem... this is not a big deal in our country," Khushi sad.

"Are you going to be with me?" Atithi asked delightedly.

Khushi nodded yes.

"I will tell you stories"

"Really? I was so worried about how to spend time" Atithi said.

"What story sister?" The other girls also came to her and sat with her but a little aloof from Khushi and Atithi.

Khushi started telling them Panchatantra stories, Akbar and Birbal stories, and Thenali Raman stories. The girls laughed wholeheartedly and also learned morals from the stories. They liked the stories very much as well as Khushi.

"We like you very much, sister," Mihira said.

Khushi smiled.

"Will you come here every day and tell us stories?"

"Sure"

"You should take a bath if you sit with Atithi," Yamini said.

"But, I take a bath every day..." Khushi teased.

"Sister, everyone would take a bath... I'm not talking about it. You should take a bath if you touch Atithi or her things"

"I have no problem," Khushi said.

They chitchatted.

On the other side, Arnav was suffocating as Khushi didn't come from Atithi's room till dinner time. In fact, Khushi intentionally did that. She didn't want Hemadri to doubt her intention.

Arnav was tensed as he wanted to know what Hemadri talked about with Khushi but she was with the girls. Losing his patience, Arnav thought to send a guard to call her. Before him doing that, Khushi herself came to his room.