21 Subway

Part 21 Subway

"Prince Aparajith, don't you know me?" Khushi asked in a base voice and caressed her mustache with the backside of her finger.

Arnav looked at her and burst out laughing.

"Prince Aparajith, how could you laugh in the critical situation...? Be serious..." She said keeping her hands on her hip in a warning manner.

"Khushi, how can I be serious if you are with me? you are a stressbuster you know" Arnav laughed more.

Khushi smiled.

"You make me forget all the tension no matter how hard the situation is..." Arnav added with a mild smile.

"Let's go... or else, you may forget how crucial the situation is" She walked towards the door.

"Won't you make me remember if I forget?" he asked.

"That's what I'm doing... let's go..."

She stopped at the doorstep.

"Guide me... I'm inexperienced in disguise matters. I may mess things" she said.

Arnav went to her smiling.

"Don't you stick the beard?" Khushi asked.

"I will do it afterward"

"Why not now?"

"Who else other than Prince Aparajith has influence in the Palace?"

"So?"

"The guards will question me if I wear a disguise. It will become difficult for us to reach the destination. Now, no one will dare"

"Where are we going?"

"You will get to know that. Come"

They came outside.

Arnav handed a small fardel to Khushi.

"Keep it with you. People will doubt us if I carry this when I have someone with me"

"Yeah... after all, the prince won't carry anything even if it is not heavy," She said taking it.

"I give it to you only because it is not heavy" Arnav smiled.

They saw the king taking a walk in the garden. Arnav wanted to hide from him but before he did that, King Chaithanya saw them.

"Arnav..." he called him frowning.

"Namaste, father..." Arnav smiled at him not showing his awkwardness.

"Haven't you slept yet? Who is he?" he asked looking at Khushi.

Khushi looked behind as the king addressed her as *HE*

"HE (he stressed) is my friend, Bheem" Arnav pulled her towards him.

Khushi composed herself and nodded yes grinning.

"Bheem? Like really? He should be named as Tiny Bheem because he looks like a doll" The king laughed.

Khushi's facial expression changed for a few seconds. She grinned awkwardly composing herself. Arnav controlled his laughter.

"By the way, where are you from Bheem?"

Arnav wanted to say, 'He was DUMB' because they would get caught if Khushi spoke. The king would find out the truth if he heard her famine voice. But before he did that, Khushi answered him in a base voice like how she talked to Arnav a few minutes ago.

"I'm coming from Pataliputra, Maharaj..."

Arnav looked elsewhere controlling his smile.

"Pataliputra?"