23 Proof

Part 23 Proof

Khushi was thinking about Arnav's proposal. It was not a simple proposal but a proposal from Prince Aparajith. He seemed intensive. What would she do now? How could she explain to him about Time Travel, Parallel Universe, and all? Would he trust her? What if he didn't believe it? She was confused. She decided to finish Hemadri's matter first. After that, she would try to make Arnav understand. He gave two days' time to decide. However, she should make him understand.

On the other side, Arnav didn't bother about Khushi's decision because he thought she would accept his proposal. He believed she wouldn't disappoint him.

The next day

Arnav came to Khushi's room. Khushi smiled at him as usual. There was no difference in her behavior that Arnav liked so much.

"Are you ready?"

"Yeah..."

"Don't be panic. Nothing will happen to you until I'm with you" Arnav said.

"I know," Khushi said while taking her sling bag"

"Let's go"

They walked to the assembly hall. Arnav was welcomed narrating his victories and achievements when he entered the hall. Already everyone was present there, including Hemadri, the Priest, except for the King and the Queen. Padmakshi was also sitting there with other princesses and maids. Almost all the women in the palace gathered there to see what Khushi would do. Curiosity sparkled in their faces as they knew Khushi. Her stories themselves would be interesting. Then she must do something interesting here also, they expected.

Khushi smiled at the girls who waved their hands towards her. She looked at Hemadri and smiled with a blush. Hemadri also smiled feeling proud. Arnav rolled his eyes and said,

"Come and take your seat"

She walked with him. He made her sit on the guest seat that was next to him. Khushi sat on it.

"What's necessary to smile at him?" Arnav asked, gritting his teeth.

"What harm if I smile?" She asked, making him annoyed.

The King and Queen came. All of them stood up out of respect. King Chithanya sat and gestured for people to sit. He looked at Arnav.

"Prince Aparajith, why do you want me to gather the court today?"

Arnav stood up.

"Maharaj, our kingdom is facing a terrible problem silently. It questions the reputation of our Kingdom. Some girls are getting harassed by lechers. Sometimes we fail to protect them because those problems happen in the border villages. To avoid such a problem, I got an idea. I saw MY foreign guest fighting with such a lecher. The trickery is called KARATE. I think we should teach the trick to our kingdom women. So, they could save themselves without expecting anyone in any situation" Arnav said.

"Are you trying to escape from your duty of protecting our kingdom women, Prince Aparajith?" the priest asked sarcastically.

"Teaching them to be gutful also a Prince's duty I suppose... instead of making them expect a helping hand, making them confident and brave is what we should do"

"How could fragile girls fight?" one of the ministers asked.

"Until they are fragile, they won't. That's why I want them to learn fighting"

Arnav looked at the gallery where the girls were sitting.

"Are not you interested in fighting?"

"We fight every day for many reasons, Prince Aparajith," Hirma said.