8 Restlessness

Part 8 Restlessness

Khushi was looking at Ganga like what the...

What did she just say? Chiiiii? That was her reaction just for a HUG...! If she said Chiii for a hug, what about other processes? Yes, of course, a few girls were so restrained in this matter even in the PRESENT. But here, it seemed completely different as the MAN also had no knowledge about it. How GOOD Indians had been...! She sighed.

Khushi didn't know how Ganga's parents and in-laws had kids. She didn't know where to start... how to start...!

"May I ask you something?" Khushi asked as she could not hold herself.

"Jee..."

"Don't take me wrong for asking this... why did your mother-in-law shout at you?"

Ganga sighed.

"You are looking like my sister... there is nothing harm to share my problem with you. I got married when I was fourteen. Now, I'm eighteen... but, I'm not blessed with a child. That's why my mother-in-law always shouts at me" she said sadly.

"Won't your husband says anything?"

"What could he say? After all, I don't give hire to his family. People must be right"

"People?"

"Yes, people say I'm cursed. That's why I didn't conceive"

"Not everyone is blessed who gets conceived"

"People think like that only, sister. Tell me, why God didn't give me a child if I'm not cursed? I'm visiting the temple regularly, circling the peepal tree every day, keeping fasting on all the Fridays... yet, God hasn't mercy on me"

"You have done everything but the IMPORTANT one" Khushi murmured. She wanted to bang her head on the wall. Would GOD give a child? Bloody hell...!

"Did you say something?" Ganga asked.

"Where is your husband?" Khushi asked.

"He went to guard the village... it's the rule of this village. Every day, eight people would be on duty. One person from each family should do it. Today is our turn"

"Oh..."

"He will come tomorrow morning only"

"Oh, ok. I have to change my dress," Khushi said.

"Yeah, it's so tight... how do you wear such a dress? Is it comfortable?" the girl asked with hesitation.

"I got used to it" Khushi smiled.

"Yeah, you should have worn it from your childhood..."

Khushi smiled and took her knee-length nightgown from her bag.

"You can change it here," she said while pulling the curtain at the corner of the room.

Khushi understood that was the place Ganga changes her dress if her husband was at home. She changed the dress and came out.

"Ganga, you sleep. I will just come"

"Do you want anything?"

"I have to meet Arnav... I mean the commander"

Ganga nodded ok.

Khushi came out of the room searching for Arnav. She saw Prithvi lying on the rope cot in the center yard. She looked here and there for Arnav. She didn't know where was Arnav sleeping. She had no idea what to do.

Prithvi turned and saw her standing.

"Do you want something, madam?" he asked sitting on the cot.

"I want to say an important matter to the commander. Where is he?"