38 Plan

Part 38 Plan

Khushi saw the jewels, being kept in her room. She wondered how her life had taken a sudden and unbelievable turn! She was going to marry an ancient kingdom's Prince. She came from a family that had a historical background. Her grandfather created interest in her mind in historical stuff, stuffing them in her mind. He taught her the Prakrit Language... she became an explorer. She came to the Maurya empire and ended up in Arnav's kingdom. Unaware of the truth that he was the Prince, she traveled with him, all the way teasing Arnav like hell. That was the reason for her to get close to Arnav.

Khushi's thoughts got broken as a girl's team entered her room following Padmakshi. Khushi stood up from the bed, smiling at them. Padmakshi rushed to Khushi and hugged her happily.

"I'm so glad because you are going to be my sister-in-law," she said.

"We are also happy" The folks said.

Khushi smiled at them.

"We were weary when we thought you would leave our kingdom but you agreed to marry my brother. So, there is no chance for you to go back"

"Won't you be happy if someone instead of me would have become your sister-in-law?" Khushi asked.

"No way..." Padmakshi said without thinking.

"Who would be like you, so sweet and so jovial? We have never seen a fun-loving girl like you. if my brother married a Princess, she would have the same qualities as us, no difference. But, you are not like that. You are totally different from us. At the same time, you don't show differences. I'm sure you would be a friendly sister-in-law"

"What will I get if I'm friendly with you?" Khushi asked.

"You can get whatever you want"

"I too want my sister-in-law to be friendly with me"

"That's all?" Padmakshi asked excitedly.

"It's not a simple thing"

"Why?"

"You should answer my questions without hiding the truth... no lies"

"What will you ask?" she hesitated.

"I will ask you if you LOVE anyone" She smirked.

Padmakshi was stuck whereas other girls blushed.

"Oiii... there is nothing to blush... at this age, it's common to love someone and get loved by someone"

"That's why Prince Aparajith loves you?" Hirma asked.

"That's why I too love him"

Suddenly, they became silent as Arnav entered with the honey jar. They bowed down. Arnav gave the jar to Khushi. He didn't even look at the jewels as he knew his mother gave them to Khushi because it was a formality. He knew Khushi would not wear them.

"Thank you," Khushi said taking the honey jar.

That was when Arnav saw a thick chain on Khushi's neck. He smiled wondering. Khushi understood the smile and said,

"Your mother wore it on my neck. Am I not looking funny, Arnav?"

Arnav nodded no. The girls raised their eyebrows, hearing her calling him by his name.

"What's cooking here?" Arnav asked.

"Nothing... they are happy to get me as their sister-in-law" Khushi smiled.

"Tomorrow there is a Pooja for you," Padmakshi said.

"Yeah, Maji told me" Said Khushi. All of them looked at her wondering.