11 Who intimidates whom?

Part 11 Who intimidates whom?

Without caring about anything, Khushi ran towards Arnav, shouting.

"Arnaaaaavvvv... Arnaaavvvv..."

Arnav looked at her confusingly.

"Bend down..." She shouted.

"Whaaat?" Arnav frowned.

She pushed him a bit away in no time, and the arrow crossed between Arnav and Khushi and fell down. Arnav looked at the fallen arrow and then at Khushi.

"Look at there..." Khushi pointed at the opposite bank.

Arnav saw a man with a bow ran into the forest and vanished. He looked at Khushi shockingly who was also shocked. He was shocked not because someone tried to kill him. It was because Khushi saved him from getting killed. If she was a spy of his enemy, she would not have saved him. What he thought about her was not true. Was not she a spy? Was she really a visitor?

"You asked me to bathe in the bathroom. It must be you who should have done that. The danger is waiting around you..." Khushi said fearfully.

"It doesn't mean I should be hiding in the house like a coward," he said taking the arrow.

"You could fight with your enemy if they are brave... but, they are cowards... that's why they are trying to kill you being hidden, bloody cowards..." she said angrily.

"Not all enemies are in the same category. We could not expect them to give the face of"

"But, being cautious is not important to you?"

"Yes... I should have been cautious" he said smelling the arrow edge.

"What is that?" She frowned.

"The arrow edge has been poisoned"

"My God... poisoned? that means you would have died even if its edge had scratched you..."

"Mmm"

"By the way, who it could be?"

"Don't know... Enemies to the commander of a force is not a big deal though"

"I'm sorry..."

Arnav was taken aback.

"Why are you sorry?"

"Because of me, you have to come to this village. If you are alone, you would not have stayed here" she regretted.

"Danger can be anywhere. No matter if I stay in a village or riding the chariot. You don't have to blame yourself for something that's not your mistake. In fact, I should thank you. Because of you I got to know about the serious issue..."

"What if the arrow edge touched your skin? Would not the poison have mixed in your blood?" she asked nervously.

"That must be the plan"

"God... it's scary... I would not have forgiven myself. I would have died guilty for sure"

Arnav smiled contently.

"I don't fear death"

"It doesn't mean you could die simply... you are a warrior. Your death should be a history..."

"Yeah... I too want the same. I expected Ashoka's call for the Kalinga War. But I'm disappointed. He didn't call me"

Khushi was silent.

"Maybe, he has another plan. He may invite me to his next war. Then I will appear on the battlefield all fresh"

"Why are you so passionate about the war? Is not killing people a sin? Do you even think about the after-effect of the war? Women lose their husbands and sons... children lose their fathers and brothers... at the end of the war, what would remain? Dead bodies, pools of blood, and the chopped parts of the human bodies... would you ever feel bad about it?"