14 As a friend

Part 14 As a friend

Seeing Arnav's anger, Khushi thought something.

"May I tell you something?"

"Anything..."

"Don't get hyper. Think about your mother relaxingly. How did she react to injustice matter previously?"

"She got angry," Arnav said without thinking.

"Then, she will definitely understand. She is your mother. Being her son, you should think about her just like how you think about your kingdom. Because she too is going to get hurt when she gets to know about her brother. Adding to it, you too don't hurt her. Be supportive. She needs your shoulder to lean on when she is struggling to stand"

Arnav looked at her wondering.

"Don't be angry... she is your mother. If you said your brother is the culprit on her face, she will break down. First, make her understand without hurting her. Instead of meeting your father, meet your mother first. Tell her what's happening in the border villages. Make her understand the struggle of the girls. Tell her they are expecting justice from you. Tell her, how many girls killed themselves due to such activities. Then, slowly open up who is behind that"

Arnav smiled.

"You are a nice girl. I feel content talking to you. I believe I could make my mother understand"

"I'm glad about it"

"You know what? I never thought a guy and a girl could be friends. I didn't even know such a concept exist. But now, I think any boy should have a friend like you. Then, his path will always be right"

Khushi was suffocating. She didn't know what to say. Prince Aparajit was proud to have her as his friend.

"Why? Don't you guys be friendly with girls?"

"No, in our country, boys and girls won't interact. If they do, it would not be friendship..."

"Then?"

"Then, LOVE"

"Oh..."

"People would start gossiping about them because according to them a boy and a girl could not be friends. So, maximum of us avoid such controversial issues"

"By the way, how do people get to know what's happening in the palace? Didn't Prithvi ask you about Princess Chandrika?"

"People are more interested and eager to know about Royals. Every matter about us easily spread because there are many people working at our Palace. Even some royal secrets leak...! We don't know how" he smiled.

"That means people would have known about my stay at Palace too?"

"Of course, the matter of Prince Aparajit bringing a foreigner to the palace would have spread all over the nation as of now"

*God... these people are so faster than BBC* she murmured.

"What did you say?"

"Unbelievable"

"Yeah..."

"Didn't you meet your mother?"

"Yes, going to..."

"Do it, your father may call you. before meeting your father, meeting your mother is important. By the way, what if Hemadri opposes you?"

"He will..."

"Then how will you prove him wrong? We have no proof against him..."

"Mmm... The Kind will decide what to do. My duty is to let him know the issue"