26 Modern Era

Part 26 Modern Era

"To my ERA?"

"Yes," Arnav snatched the sand clock from her hand.

"No, Arnav... I don't want to take you there"

"But why?"

"A pure-hearted man like you don't have to come to my ear... You can't survive there"

"I just want to see how the sand clock works..."

"Don't you trust me?"

"Don't YOU trust me?"

Khushi was speechless.

"If you trust me, why do you hesitate to take me to your era?"

"Arnav, you are living a heavenly life here. You can't cope with the modern era"

"When you can cope with mine, why not me?"

"It's different Arnav. Anyone can live here but in my era"

"Then you live here... you don't have to go back. I won't let you go to hell"

"I have to..."

"Then take me with you"

"Don't be adamant Arnav. You are a Prince. You have the responsibility"

"Have you forgotten?"

"What?"

"As per the challenge, I should follow Ashoka's footsteps of peace. I should not go to war"

"It doesn't mean, you should forget your duty. Your responsibility has become double now. Don't forget that"

"Double? How?"

"Ashoka quit the war. That means, every under kingdom will start the expansion of their kingdom. You have to protect your kingdom now. Who else other than the Prince will do that?"

"But, how could I fight? I promised you"

"I asked you to follow the path of peace... it doesn't mean you should be quiet while getting attacked. You have the responsibility, Arnav. You should protect your people from your enemy"

"I will agree to it only if you agree to be with me"

"Arnav, I can't live here... it's against nature"

"How?"

"It will create a parallel universe, Arnav... it's against nature... we can't break nature"

"I can't understand what you say..."

Khushi took a deep breath.

"What would you see in the sky in the nighttime?"

"Sun"

"Where are we?"

"At the world"

"The earth belongs to the solar family... I mean, SUN family. There is not only the world but seven more planets are there in the solar family. There are millions of solar families, suns, stars, and satellites in our universe and there are millions of universes in space... If we break the rule of nature, we will create a parallel universe"

"What harm if we create a parallel universe?"

"It's against nature, Arnav. Everything will change. History will change. We can't be selfish"

"What about me? Won't you bother about me? would you bother only about the universe?"

"I have to... in fact, everyone should..."