25 Time Traveler

Part 25 Time Traveler

"Ashoka quit the war and chose the path of peace. Do you know who he is? He has the guts to fight with a lion and eventually wins... I can't believe he quit the war. I didn't take it seriously when you said that."

Khushi closed her eyes and made up herself.

"You even challenged me to quit the war if Ashoka does that. What is all this Khushi? How do you know Ashoka would do that? How do you know this? Is there a ploy behind Ashoka's mind change? Is someone or a kingdom behind this?"

Khushi nodded no wearily. She didn't expect this twist. She thought she would leave the place without revealing her Time Travel story to Arnav. But, it didn't seem so. Destiny wanted her to tell Arnav about it. She had no chance. She had to tell him. Before leaving Arnav, he had to know the truth even though it was not easy to make him understand Time Travel. Then, he would understand it.

Arnav thought something and asked,

"Did Saint Shah Rukh Khan tell you about it?"

Arnav himself showed her a path to escape without telling the truth but Khushi didn't avail it. She nodded no. It seemed she was ready to break the egg. Yes, she wanted to. She didn't want to leave, leaving Arnav in disappointment.

"Then?"

"I studied about it in my school"

"Studied? Was that a magic school?" he asked.

"No... It's a normal school"

Arnav frowned.

"It would be hard for you to believe but it's true Arnav"

"Whaaat?" He raised his brows.

"I'm from the future... I came here time traveling" She said reading his face.

"What do you mean? I can't understand what you say"

She sighed. Yes, he could not understand that. How could he? After all, it was about modern science.

"I came from 2023 AD... from 2500 years later period. I'm not a foreigner but belong to this country only. Now its name is INDIA. It became a single country from Himalayan mountain to Kanyakumari"

Arnav was looking at her with confusion. He could not understand anything. Whatever Khushi told him was not understandable to him. Khushi understood that.

"Don't you understand?"

Arnav nodded no.

"Ok... I have a device, that will take you to anywhere you want. I mean, you can meet Alexander and Chandra Gupta Maurya with the use of it. I came here by using it only"

Arnav was looking at her unbelievably.

"The world has changed a lot in this 2500 years, Arnav. India changed... Its culture changed, and people changed... Whatever I told you about my country is about India only... that's its present condition"

"I can't believe this"

"It's true"

"How could it be?"

"It is... India is a single country now"

"Who is the King? Indra Varma?"

"No... There is no Monarchy in India now but Democracy"

"Democracy means?"

"It's a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We choose our leader by the voting system. The one who wins the election will rule our country for five years. If he is a good ruler, people will choose him again. if not, people will vote for another nominee and he would become a leader"