31 Without Sand Clock

Part 31 Without Sand Clock

Khushi was shocked to the core not finding the sand clock on the table. She looked at Arnav with the same shock.

"What?"

"The sand Clock is missing," She said nervously.

"Whaaat?"

"It was on the table..."

Arnav looked at the table and said,

"It must be here... I think one of us would pushed it down"

He started searching for it. Khushi also did that with Arnav while blabbering,

"Hey Devi Maiya, why are you testing me this way? What will I do without the sand clock? How will I go back to my ear?"

Arnav stopped searching and looked at her jerking.

"What did you say?"

"Without the sand clock, how could I go back?" She kept her hand on her head.

Arnav straightened himself.

"Then don't go..."

Khushi glared at him.

"Did you pray to show you a nice path to this problem?"

Khushi said nothing but was looking at him.

"Tell me, yes or no?"

She nodded yes.

"See, it went missing... because your prayer was heard... that's why God is helping you to decide. God wants you to be with me"

"Please, stop it, Arnav..."

"This is why... your heart doesn't want to go back but your mind is not ready to accept the decision. That's why the sand clock went missing"

Khushi looked at him shrinking her eyes.

"What does your look mean? Do you think I would have stolen it?"

"No Arnav... you were with me only... no one knows about the sand clock except for you. But where did it go? Who took it?"

"I too don't know... though I'm happy it went missing I can't allow a thief to be at our palace," he said in a Princess style.

"Please FIND it, Arnav"

"Mmm"

"But, how will you do it?"

"I will order my spy team to observe people in the palace. Then, it won't be a big deal to find the sand clock. Because no one knows its purpose"

"But, what if they unintentionally twisted it thinking of some other era in their mind?"

"No way, Khushi, no one knows about future eras"

"But, they knew Alexander, Chandra Gupta Maurya, and Buddha..."

Arnav nodded yes.

"Khushi, understand one thing, we can't change anything. if it has to happen, it will happen. So, don't stress yourself. Go to sleep"

Khushi nodded OK slowly. Arnav touched her head lovingly with a smile and left the place. Though Arnav asked her to sleep, she could not. How could she think of sleeping after losing the sand clock that was the only medium that could take her back to the Modern era? What would she do now? Could not she go back to the twenty-first century? Should she be here for her whole life? What about the parallel universe? Could not she avoid it? What would happen now? She didn't know.