33 Personal Desires

Part 33 Personal Desires

The hall became empty. There was no one except ONE, Chandrika. She slowly moved towards them and stood behind a pillar to overhear them to know the output of the lost sand clock.

Khushi looked at Padmakshi who was gazing at Viraj's fading figure.

"Why does he run like this?" Khushi asked Arnav about Virat, observing Padmakshi through the corner of her eyes.

Arnav looked at Khushi and said,

"He is going to meet his parents as he came after a long"

"But, doesn't he look tense?" Khushi asked.

Padmakshi suffocated.

"What do you think?" Arnav asked as Khushi won't raise a question without a reason.

"I think he has a girlfriend... what do you think, Padma?" Khushi asked.

"Haannnn..." Padmakshi jerked.

"I think he is going to meet his girlfriend. That's why he is hurrying. Am I right?" Khushi asked.

Padmakshi plastered a smile and left.

"She is embarrassed," Arnav said.

"Why?"

"Don't you know our kingdom girls? They are so shy about Love and all"

"Mmm... then, leave Padmakshi... you tell me"

"What?"

"What do you think about Viraj?"

"I don't think he is in love" he shrugged his shoulders.

"How do you say?"

"We stayed in the same camp for many years. the much I know, he never showed a hurry to return back home. If he had a girlfriend, he would not have been like that but would have suffocated to stay in the camp"

"That means you lied to me about your love it seems," she said raising her brows.

"What do you mean?"

"You didn't even think of meeting me in the last two days after I lost the sand clock. What does that mean? You won't suffocate if you don't see me... right?"

"Who said, I didn't SEE you?" he questioned.

"Who should say? Don't I know?"

"You don't know... I saw you seven times in the last two days"

"Whaaat?"

"Yeah, you played seven stones with girls, wearing a red top and white pants the day before yesterday. Then played in the swing in the afternoon. You told the story to the girls sitting near the pond in the evening. Yesterday, you were wearing black pants and white tops, went to Athiti's room in the morning, taught a few karate steps to Mihira and Yamini in the afternoon, had a mongo sitting under the tree in the evening, and met my sister at night. Right?"

Khushi was looking at him without blinking.

"Then why didn't you meet me?" she asked.

"I was busy arranging for the court gathering but saw you while crossing the palace. It was enough for me to pass my days" he smiled.

Khushi was speechless.

"Now, will you believe I'm truly in love with you?" He questioned.

Khushi was stuck. It needed a few seconds for her to compose herself.