47 Wedding

Part 47 Wedding

Arnav wore the chain to Khushi's neck. Everyone present there was shocked, seeing Arnav doing that.

"Arnav, what have you done? Don't know why this chain is kept here" Khushi said nervously.

"So what, Khushi? If it has some sentiments in it, it will come to you only, right?" he shrugged his shoulders.

"How do I know?"

Arnav looked at his parents and sister who were looking at them shockingly. Arnav could not understand why they were looking at him like that. He didn't know what was wrong.

Queen Medha closed her eyes, thinking about what she prayed to Devi Matha before removing the chain from her idol.

*You gave my son a second chance to live his life. He loves Khushi from the bottom of his heart. We don't know whether making him marry her is right or wrong. We are going with his wish. He was alive... it's more than enough for us. So, leaving everything behind, we are getting them married. From here on, their life is your responsibility. Take them in the RIGHT PATH. Make them do what makes them happy as well as safe. They are your children. Keep them in your shadow and give them the right choice always*

Medha recalled what she prayed. She could conclude what just happened. Yes, she thought that way. She thought Arnav didn't wear the chain on Khushi's neck on his own. It was their FATE... destined fate...! God's wise...! They started walking in the path DM showing them.

"Bhai, what have you done...?" Padmakshi asked shockingly.

"What did I do? I just wear the chain on Khushi's neck she liked"

"It's not a simple chain but Mangal Sutra... You are supposed to wear it to Khushi's neck on your wedding day"

"Whaaaat?" Arnav frowned.

Khushi was more shocked than Arnav. She tried to remove the chain from her neck, but Medha clutched her hand and stopped her from removing it. Khushi looked at her astonished. Medha nodded no and said,

"We have no power to change what has happened in God's sanctuary. If this is God's command, we must accept it"

"What do you mean, Medha?" King Chaitanya asked.

"Yes, knowingly or unknowingly, Arnav wore it to her neck before Devi Matha. They became husband and wife no matter if we accept it or not. Everything is happening as per their fate. Let it be..."

"Then what about their wedding?"

"This is their wedding... and it's over..."

Medha looked at the Pandits who were looking at them.

"Arrange for remaining rituals to complete the wedding"

The Pandits created the holy fire. Medha extended a Golden vermillion box towards Arnav.

"Keep it in her chain and then at her forehead," she said.

Arnav looked at Khushi who was staring at him motionlessly. She could not conclude what was happening in her life. it seemed nothing was in her hand. Things were going beyond her control.

Taking a pinch of Vermillion, Arnav kept it on the pendent of the chain and then on her forehead. Queen Medha took a silk cloth from a plate and covered Khushi's head with it.

Medha looked at Padmakshi and ordered her something through her eyes. Padmakshi nodded yes and came to them. Taking Arnav's shawl, she knotted it with Khushi's shawl.

"You should circle the holy fire to complete your wedding," Medha said.

Arnav looked at the Pandit who made the holy fire ready.