15 Straightforward

Part 15 Straightforward

After meeting his mother, Arnav went to meet his father. The king was still in the discussion with Ecclesiast. He informed his arrival to the guards and walked back towards his room.

On the other side, Khushi was standing in the long balcony-like corridor and thinking about something deep. She feared that a lovely and so pleasant environment would make her addicted to it.

*Hold on Khushi... you came to the capital only to file a complaint against Hemadri to the king. Just do it and leave. (She got stuck) I am a Time Traveller... what will happen after I leave this place? Didn't Dadu's note state nothing can be changed? Does it suit only death and birth? Or suits to everything? What will happen if I go back to the present? Will Arnav forget me? What will happen if I again came here? Will this story continue or will it create a NEW parallel universe again? Khushi raised many questions.

She jerked when someone flicked the fingers in front of her face. She saw Arnav smiling at her.

"What's so deep thought?" Arnav asked.

"I'm thinking about going back to my kingdom"

Arnav's facial expression changed swiftly.

"What's so urgent?"

"It's been a long since I left my country"

"But what are you going to do in your country?"

Khushi was taken aback.

"What do you mean? It's my country after all"

"But, you have no one for yourself"

"Maybe... Yet, it's my country"

"Why don't you settle down in our country?"

"Here?" she wondered.

"Mmm... You have no one. You liked our country, people, and our culture. Then why don't you settle down here?"

"But, I'm a stranger... I know no one here. How could I think of settling down here?"

"Don't you have me?" Arnav asked making her struck.

"You?"

"Yeah, we are friends. You can stay in this palace forever"

Khushi smiled.

"Mr. Prince... Don't be so naive. Being a prince, you should have foresight"

"For?"

"To analyze upcoming problems"

"What problem will come if you stay here?"

"Having a strict Orthodox culture, how could I be staying at your place as your friend? After your marriage, Won't your wife peel your skin?" She laughed.

Arnav got stuck. Khushi smiled at his reaction.

"I will take care of it"

"How?"

"Let it happen when it happens"

"Ok, did you meet your mother?"

"Yeah... I applied your idea to her and succeeded. My mother is happy about my NEW approach. I would like to thank you for guiding me. You are absolutely awesome"

"Thanks"

Khushi saw Padmaakshi going somewhere from her room, which was next to hers.

"By the way, why doesn't your sister stay in the Zenana just like other princesses do?"