9 Khushi's Pretext

Note: Guys, I know RAPE is not a matter of fun. In this chapter, I wrote it not for fun but with a purpose. I just used it to make ancient people understand the seriousness of the issue. Hope you understand. Don't get angry at me for doing this.

Part 9 Khushi's pretext

Khushi came to the room and found Ganga still up. She decided to use the chance. She smiled at Khushi. She too smiled but made a weird face.

"What happened, sister? You look upset..."

"There was a case held in a village on the way to this village. That incident highly disturbed me" Khushi said pressing her head.

"What was that?"

"A guy raped a girl," She said feeling sad.

Ganga frowned. What was meant by rape? She had no clue. If she had known about it, she would have conceived a long ago.

"Just think, how did the girl feel when he removed her clothes...! How could a girl be nude in front of a stranger? How could he do that without marrying her? Is not seeing her nude her husband's right? More than everything, what would have happened if the girl had gotten pregnant?" Khushi said biting her nail, pretending like she was nervous.

She noticed Ganga's reaction from the corner of her eyes. Undoubtedly, Ganga was confused, nervous, and fearful. She gulped down hard.

"Pregnant? I didn't get you. You said he removed her clothes. What's the connection between removing clothes and pregnancy?" Ganga asked fearfully.

"That's how a girl gets pregnant. A girl could get pregnant only If a man touches her body. If he does that without her permission, that's rape..."

"Without permission..." she murmured.

"Haan, usually, a husband would touch his wife because it's his right. The girl should submit herself because it's her duty. That's what marriage...! To get an heir to his family, a man marries a girl. It's her responsibility to give an heir to the family"

"but... how a man and woman could touch? Is not it immoral?"

"If it is immoral, how does this world revolve? Each and every person on the earth is immoral because they want to get the heir to their family. If our parents were not immoral, you and I would not be taken birth"

"You mean, even my mother had done that?"

"Not only your mother but also your mother's mother would be done that... your mother-in-law also had done that... without intimacy, how could a woman give birth to a child? In fact, nothing is wrong between the couple. Marriage gives the authority to do anything. Without marrying a girl, touching her is an offense. That was why your commander lashed the guy black and blue with a whip"

Ganga was looking at Khushi dreadfully. Her hands were shivering. Being nude in front of a man was something she could not imagine.

"But, how could any girl let a man touch her?" She stammered.

"This is how it works... without getting touched, no girl can conceive"

"But, my husband never told me about it nor did he try to touch me"

"He would have thought about your comfort, I suppose. He might not want to embarrass you" Khushi didn't want to say 'Your husband didn't know about it'

"I think he too didn't know about it. Or else he would not have let his mother abuse me" Ganga said.

"You are the one who should get cleared about it," Khushi said.

"But, how could I talk to a man about such things?"