3 Chevalier

Part 3 Chevalier

Khushi found herself in a forest-like area. She amazed. That meant Delhi was a forest in the Ashoka period. She felt a chilling breeze caressing her face. It was definitely a WOW moment of her life because she had never experienced such a nice climate before. She ran her eyes in the surroundings. Variety of sky-high trees, colorful plants, its pleasant smell, everything bewitched her mind.

"Was Delhi so beautiful and captivating in the Ashoka period?" Khushi was baffled.

She heard a different sound... DOP... DOP.

"What sound is that? From where it comes?" She sharpened her ears and walked in the direction.

When she closed up to the place, a strong smell of mango hit her nose. She stood thunder-stuck, seeing the ground covered with mangoes. It was a mango-bosk. Having no one to relish them, the mangoes were rotting, falling on the ground. It looked a like a mango carpet. A few squirrels were eating them cutely. That brought a smile to her face.

A mango fell on her feet. Taking it, she ate it. It tasted damn sweet.

"God... what will I do? If the Maaza, Frooti, and Slice companies see this, they would surely fight with one another to get the right of these mangoes" she laughed.

Taking her mobile out, she captured a selfie with the mango carpet. Taking a few mangoes for herself, she walked ahead in the forest cautiously.

After a few minutes of walking, she heard the same DOP sound again. She became curious and headed to the place. There, she saw the LEMON carpet. The lemon smell dominated the area completely. Taking a few lemons, she kept them with the mangoes. She felt her Maurya Empire visit was worth it. She moved happily, humming her favorite song.

After a few minutes, her eyes caught hold of the greenish field. She didn't know whether it was a paddy or wheat. It started after a hundred meters from the place she was standing.

"If there is a field, a village must also be near the field..." She guessed it.

A curiosity about meeting ancient people was raised in her mind. She increased her walking speed. After a few steppes, she put a break to her legs as she heard a shout of a girl... no it was not just a shout but also a whimper.

"Please leave me... I beg you... please don't spoil my life"

Khushi was taken aback. What the hell was that? She ran to the spot, guessing the direction of the voice. She saw a man trying to take a girl on his horse. The girl was giving him a tough time while pleading with him.

"What the... no matter whether it's BC or AD, harassing girls won't change" murmuring that, Khushi rushed to them.

Before the man composed himself, she punched him. Not only the man but also the girl looked at her weirdly who was wearing jeans pants and a T-shirt. They never had seen such an outfit in their life.

"Who is he? Why is he misbehaving with you?" Khushi asked in Hindi as usual, keeping an eye on the man.

"I can't understand what you are asking" the girl spoke in Prakrit language, weeping.

That was when Khushi got her sense. She asked the same question in the Prakrit language.

"He is trying to take me forcefully" the girl cried.

The man removed a spear from the saddle of his horse and aimed it at Khushi. Taking a very few seconds, Khushi kicked his hand. The spear fell ten feet away from him. Using a strong KATA from karate, she knocked him down within a few seconds. The man jumped on the horse and fled away from the place.