5 Who is she?

Part 5 Who is she?

Arnav started walking towards his camp with Khushi. Her eyes were not stable but wandering here and there. She was admiring the peaceful and pleasurable location excitedly. Arnav who was watching her, could not understand what was there to be excited. He thought she was excited about going to their camp. He even analyzed whether taking a stranger to their camp was right. He decided to get some information about her. He looked at her and she smiled at Arnav casually.

"I could not believe a girl is ready to travel with a stranger without carrying about anything," He said.

Khushi knew which mean he said that. It was two thousand and five hundred years ago. In that period, girls were not allowed to step out of the house. So, no wonder Arnav thought odd about it.

"I know how to protect myself. You would not have raised the question if you had seen how I hit the spearman" she boasted herself.

"I did..." he said

"What? What did you say?"

"I saw you fighting with the man," he said.

"Oh... Still, don't you believe I can't protect myself?"

"But, danger can be hit by any form. Trusting anyone blindly is not good for a girl like you"

"Girl like me, means?"

"I mean, young girl..."

"I will keep it in my mind, Mr. Arnav" she smiled.

"By the way, what was that?" he asked.

"What?"

"That you used on the man. It was like a gimmick"

Khushi understood he was talking about Karate.

"It's karate..."

"Should all your nation girls learn it?"

"Mmm... No... whoever is interested can learn it"

"Are you interested? Or, did you learn it for your protection?"

"Both... I learned it with interest to protect myself"

"Why? Won't your contrary be protective of girls?" He asked sarcastically. But, to his surprise,

"There is nothing to hide from you. Yes... Our country is turning unsafe to girls these days" She sighed.

"Means?"

"In your country, only one Hemadri is there. But in our country, each lane has more than one Hemadris"

"Won't your king behead them?" he asked angrily.

"Behead? Then, half of the men in our county would be headless" she chuckled.

"So what? What is necessary to hold such men's life? It's ill to the country. If he beheads a few, others will automatically be disciplined. What kind of king yours is? How are you guys living in such a country?" he was furious.

Khushi didn't know what to say. Yet, she felt ashamed. She wanted to stop Arnav from talking about India more.

"No no... Our king is a nice person. He would take action if the guilty was proven. Just like, you need someone to prove Hemadri wrong, he too asks for a witness. That's all..."

Arnav got stuck. He understood she cornered him.

"What's your King's name?" He asked.

Now, Khushi got stuck. King's name? What could she say? Her mind worked faster.