51 Hero of the Story

Part 51 Hero of the story

Arnav looked at Khushi shockingly who was also looking at him with shock. Though Arnav didn't understand what exactly Nayak said, he understood the words, PRINCE (Yuvraj), APARAJITH, and, MURIYAN EMPIRE. Why did the man mention all those words related to HIM?

"Is he talking about me?" Arnav asked.

Khushi nodded yes.

"He says my Grandfather met you once..."

"Whaaat?" Arnav frowned.

"Can't you remember such an incident?"

Arnav nodded no and Khushi understood her grandfather met Arnav when he went to the Mauriyan empire using the sand clock but Arnav could not remember it NOW. So, the chain of relationships with the past era would break if the person (her grandfather) came back to the current era.

"Why are you silent Rudra? Won't you talk the truth even before dying? You and Rishi hid the truth of your time travel to me. You have brilliantly run away to a foreign country after Rishi Gupta's demise... do you think I can't smell your arrival?"

Rudra Pratap looked at him plainly.

"What do you think? Why did I bring you here? Do you think after revealing myself, I will leave you alive?"

"I didn't know you would be so cruel"

"It's not my mistake my friend... because it's not me who asked you to trust me"

"Stop calling me FRIEND... you won't deserve to be a friend of mine"

"Yeah... only Rishi Gupta deserves it, right?"

"Yes... he deserves it because he is not like you"

"Yeah... he took you with him while he did time travel" Nayak smirked.

Shashi and Garima looked at Rudra Pratap surprisingly.

"Why are you guys looking at him surprisingly? He visited many historical eras with Rishi...! That was how they met Prince Aparajith..." Nayak said.

"Is it true?" Shashi asked.

"Yes, Rishi met a Prince of a friendly kingdom to the Mauriyan empire when he time traveled...! So what?" Rudra Partap asked.

"You were also with him, right?"

Rudra Pratap was silent.

"What all this uncle?" Shashi asked.

"It was his first time. I don't know how he got the sand clock. He didn't tell me about it. I was also curious as same as Rishi. He was hesitant to use the sand clock because he didn't know what would be the consequence. It was me who encouraged him. We wanted to test the sand clock. We wanted to know how Delhi would have been at the time of the Ashoka period. We became excited as both of us liked to go to Ashoka period. So, we went to the Mauryan Empire twisting the sand clock. The next second we were standing at the deep forest range of the Mauryan Empire. We lost our hearts in the beauty of the place. It's a saying, 'where there is beauty, there would be danger' As we didn't expect, a Tiger tried to hunt us. We didn't know what to do because both of us were standing aloof. We should be clutching one another's hand to use the sand clock. Then only we could travel back together. Or else, one of us would be left alone in the past. So, we started running in two directions. The Tiger chased Rishi. How long could he run from a tiger? It pounced on him and about to tear his flesh, a chevalier who came there saved his life from the Tiger by killing it with his sword"

Khushi looked at Arnav thoughtfully. He nodded his head like, what? Khushi smiled at him making him confused. She blinked her eyes in the manner of 'will tell you later'