Gravity falls

"Piiiiiidddggeee!" I whined in the most annoying way I possibly could.

"What do you want Lance?" She asked sternly closing her laptop and swiveling around in her chair. Pidge folded her arms and cocked an eyebrow expectantly.

"Okay, Okay. You know how you constantly tease Keith and I about how 'we should be a couple' and 'how are you guys not dating' or whatnot?" I begin.

"Yeah...?" Pidge unfolded her arms and instead crossed her legs intent on listening.

"Okay, so well, I agree. The problem is I-I don't know what to do or how I should go about it." I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly.

After a moment of screeching and grinning from ear to ear she calmed down and leaned back. "Okay, you like Keith, so you want to tell him right?"

"Yeeeeessssssss." I whined as I flopped onto her bed.

"Alright, just tell him and cross your fingers that you don't embarrass yourself and he'll feel the same way." Pidge offered, her wisdom was sickening.

"Okay, but is there any way to keep myself from the embarrassing part... and the rejection part?" I looked at her hopeful.

"Nope, you have to go through with it as a part of life." Pidge patted my back.

"Nah, I think I'll find a way around it." I said confidently.

"Yeah sure whatever, now get your ass up and go do it." She said kicking me out of her room.

Little did Pidge know, in those moments, I formed what people refer to as an idea.

I scribbled onto a sheet the following:

Do you like me?

-yes
-definitely
-absolutely

"Hehe, I rigged it!" I said evilly to myself. I then proceeded to decorate it with red and blue markers and purple hearts. I then grabbed my blanket and took off to Keith's room.

I carefully set the note in front of his door and went around the corner sitting cross-legged with my blanket wrapped around me. Yes, maybe it's a little weird for me to camp out waiting for him to find the note but I was nervous and eager. It hit me that I never put anything on there indicating it was from me. Maybe he'll get it from the blue red and purple colors.

I was panicking. WHATIFHEDOESNTGETITFROMTHECOLORSILLNEVERMAKEITTHROUGHTHISTHESUSPENSEISKILLING-

"Hey, Lance what are you doing?" Keith asked from behind me. "Why are you stalking my room?"

"Oooh, heeeey Keeeith! I wasn't expecting to see you here, um, you aren't in your room." I couldn't think of anything to say. Why of all things would I say that!

"No I'm not." He laughed slightly, "What are you doing?" He asked again.

"I was uh, uh, admiring the floor! Um, yeah! That's it!" I was mentally slamming my head into the wall. "I'm just going to go back to my room now. Not yours!" I laughed awkwardly backing away to my room.

"Okay... you do that?" He laughed slightly continuing to go to his room before noticing the neatly folded paper. He stopped and picked it up in confusion looking around. I watched him unfold it and his eyes moving back and forth as he read each. Damn. Stupid. Friggen. Word. I. Wrote.

Then Keith smiled. Did he just? He then laughed. Wait, maybe he's laughing at how stupid it is. My spying was cut off because he walked into his room not tearing his eyes from looking at the note. There's nothing else I can do, I walked back to my room and flopped on the bed letting out a heavy sigh. I felt stupid.

There was a knock at the door and I immediately sat up. It slid open and Keith stood there holding the letter in his hand. "I believe this belongs to you." He said harshly handing it to me. He didn't sound happy and as quick as it happened I felt my souls just be crushed. He turned and walked away without another word.

I stood there speechless. But what about earlier, he was smiling? Was it because he realized it was from me? Or he thought it was stupid enough to laugh at. I clenched my fists angrily crushing the paper.

I did one thing that every Disney movie taught me throughout my childhood, when your upset, throw yourself of the nearest object and cry. I threw myself onto my bed and sobbed. I held up the stupid note and glared at it through teary eyes. The light came through it and I could slightly make out the words, but I noticed something.

I sniffles and wiped my nose clearing my eyes enough to see. I opened the note and scanned it and immediately was speechless.

All three had been marked off. Yes, definitely, and absolutely.