Fort McClain

Did you see what I did there? Get it? US history nerds, back me up. I don't like US history but still.

Not funny? Okay.

Lance sat at the table leaning on his hand with tired eyes.

"What's wrong Lance?" Hunk asked and the others watched with concern.

Lance pulled himself out of his daze when he heard his name. "Hm?"

"Are you Okay?" Hunk repeated.

"Yeah I'm fine." Lance said quietly.

"Lance, you can talk to us. We're not just friends, we're family." Shiro spoke calmly.

Tears poured out of Lances eyes, he wasn't able to stop himself from crying. "I... I just miss my family a lot. I miss our Friday bikrides, game night, us building forts, camping together and looking at the stars. My parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, cousins, aunts, uncles, all of them."

Hunk pulled Lance into a hug. "C'mon, you should lay down a bit." He took him to Lances room and stayed there a bit before rejoining the others. They all had worried and sad expressions but said nothing.

"I have an idea." Keith spoke breaking the silence. They were all ears.

"Hunk where are we going?" Lance asked trying to peak under the blindfold.

Hunk slapped his hands.

"Ow!" Lance rubbed them glaring in his direction.

Hunk grabbed Lances jacket making him stop. "Okay, take the blindfold off in 3...2..."

Lance pulled it off despite Hunks countdown and gasped putting a hand over his mouth in surprise. "You guys did this?"

The paladins were all in their pajamas standing proudly in front of a large pillow fort.

"It was Keith's idea." Pidge said pushing up he'd glasses.

"Yeah but you guys helped set it up and-" Keith went to defend but stopped when Lance hugged him tightly. Keith doesn't really do hugs but he made an exception.

"Thank you." Lance said.

Keith felt weird, he was significantly shorter than Lance. He thought he'd be relieved when Lance let him go but he wasn't. Instead, he wished Lance had hugged him longer.

He abandoned the thought when Lance immediately crawled in the pillow fort. He stuck his head back out to look at his friends happily. "Your pillow architecture is weak, but I'll find it in my heart to let it pass."

Pidge laughed joining him and Hunk followed. Keith smiled to himself and looked up to see Shiro giving him a knowing smirk. "Shut up." He muttered before crawling in.

Lance was making himself comfy and Keith crawled over grabbing a blanket that hung over making part of the roof. "Check this out." He pulled it out of the way and it opened their view to the window above them showing the dark void of space. "You said you and your family would go camping and look at the stars."

"Keith, it's perfect." Lance looked at him with large glossy blue eyes.

Keith's breath caught in his throat.

"I should get in my pajamas too. I'll be right back." Lance quickly crawled out and ran down the hall.

"Ahem." Pidge Have Keith a smug look.

"What?" Keith leaned back stolidly.

"You like him." She smiled.

"No, I don't." Keith said as calm as he could.

"You really like him." Hunk played along.

"No. I. Don't." Keith repeated.

"You really, really, like him." Allura sung with her chin resting on her hands as she laid on her tummy with her feet in the air crossed.

"No! I don't!" Keith exclaimed it sounding more like begging now.

"You really, really, really, like him!" Shiro joined leaning back on some pillows with his arms behind his head complacently.

"You too Shiro?" Keith looked betrayed.

"Keith I've known you too long. I can tell you like him." Shiro said confidently.

"Okay, Fine. Maybe a bit, but if any of you do or say anything, I will-"

"Hey, whatcha guys talking about?" Lance crawled back in.

"Keiths huge gay-" Pidge started but he threw a pillow directly at her face causing her to crash into more pillows.

"Woah, woah, woah! Keith's huge gay what?" Lance was now intrigued.

"My huge gay uncle." Keith said on the spot.

"You're huge gay uncle?" Lance raised an eyebrow baffled.

"Yup! Old... Joe?" Keith was a terrible liar. Lance picked up on it but decided to play dumb and leave it be for the time being. In fact, he decided to announce his own news.

"Ah, then me and your uncle have something in common." Lance fell back into the sea of pillows smiling.

"Wait... what?" Keith blinked flabbergasted.

"Yup! Well I'm not gay, but I'm bi." Lance sat back up. "Keith, I thought you knew?"

"No, I didn't." Keith was still shocked.

"Oh, I could tell you were gay the moment I saw you." Lance yawned.

"What? How? I never told anyone, not even Shiro."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to out you." Lance frowned.

"No, it's fine. It wasn't a secret or anything."

"Yeah, we all knew." Pidge said boredom sinking in.

"You both aren't as subtle about it as you may think." Allura added.

The boys looked embarrassed and after a while of chatting and story telling they all drifted off. Keith woke up periodically, he struggled to sleep in new places. He turned over on his other side to come face to face with Lance.

Keith eased watching the boy sleep. "It's rude to stare." Lance whispered opening one eye.

"I wasn't- I was just..." Keith whispered defensively back.

"You were just staring." Lance smiled.

Keith rolled his eyes and rolled back over. It was silent for a moment until he heard shuffling. Lance wrapped his arms around Keith and snuggled up behind him.

"Are you spooning me?" Keith whispered over his shoulder.

"Yes, now go back to sleep." Lance mumbled quietly.

Keith cuddles in and although he would never admit it, he was actually extremely comfortable.

When they woke up Pidge snapped a photo. "Perfect! Smile!" Click.

"Not funny Pidge." Lance whined rubbing his eyes.

"What? You two were cuddling. I thought we should remember and cherish this moment forever." She smirked.

Everyone woke up one by one and soon headed to the dining hall for breakfast.

"Hey Keith." Lance stopped him letting the others go ahead. "I just wanted to thank you again for doing all this."

"We all did it." Keith reminded.

"I know but, you were the one who thought of it too." Lance rubbed the back of his neck. "Just... Thanks." He hesitated for a moment before planting a quick kiss on Keiths cheek and speed walking to catch up with the others.