Vampire Thingy? Ye? P2

Lance laid awake in bed staring up at his ceiling. Keith's birthday was yesterday; he turned 19. It was fantastic! Lance picked him up and they had a picnic in the park, then they went through a stroll in the spring market, they had a wonderful romantic dinner at a five star restaurant, and then Lance took him to the vintage movie theater where not only Keith found out his secret, but they also had their first kiss. To top everything off, Lance gave him flowers and a promise ring.

Lance and Keith had been dating for nearly a year now and Lance was never more sure of anything in his life. And he had a long life.

Lance has even been letting himself age, now 18 and this summer he'd be 19 too. Lance felt his stomach twist. The thought of dying one day, it made him shiver. That means one day all this could come to an end. Something as beautifully magnificent as Keith should never come to an end. It wasn't fair.

"This ice cream is so good." Keith closed his eyes as he took a bite. Lance smiled as he watched.

"It is pretty good." Lance leaned his head on his hand and watched him. Nothing was better than simply getting to observe this masterpiece of a person. Even his flaws made him that much better.

The sun was shining and the ice cream was melting fast. A sudden breeze swept through and carried the napkin from the table. Lance hopped up to catch it but it was in the air. He switched to a bat in the blink of an eye and grabbed it with his small bat feet. He was as high as the nearest tree and he swooped back down to the table switching back.

Keith had a large smile on his face. "What?" Lance questioned patting himself down.

"It's must be really cool being able to turn into a bat. You could just fly around all the time." Keith helped pat down some of the smoke.

"Being on the ground with you is better." Lance scooter closer and wrapped his arms around Keith lovingly.

Keith kisses him and when they broke apart Lance stared at him tenderly. "Are you okay?" Keith asked suddenly.

"Of course, why do you ask?" Lance narrowed his eyes as he caresses Keith's face.

"You just seem... down?" Keith grabbed his hands.

"No, I'm just admiring you." Lance smiled and kissed his neck. Then he had an idea. Lance pushed it aside, it was an awful thought.

Lance was laying in bed again when the thought occurred to him again. Keith wants to fly, and he could. They could live together forever, just as Lance wanted. It would be a small moment of pain, a small bite, for an eternity of love and happiness.

Just like that he was in Keith's house, in his room. The moonlight shown through the window and Lance could see Keith sleeping peacefully. His neck was fully exposed as if craned waiting for this.

Lance knelt down next to him and leaned forward. He let his nose gently touch against Keith's warm neck. Then his lips pressed against it. He opened his mouth and let his fangs extend.

What if Keith didn't want this?

What if he became angry Lance did this?

What if he becomes angry and leaves him?

He'd go back to facing eternity alone. Or possibly dying alone.

He felt tears slide down his cheeks and he let his fangs retract. He buried his face in Keith's neck and felt himself sob. This woke Keith up who was startled at first but quickly embraced him.

This had never happened before, Lance never broke down like this before. "Lance, what's wrong?" Keith asked in a hushed tone.

"I'm so sorry." Lance breathed squeezing his arms around him.

"For what? Lance, look at me," Keith said trying to calm him. He gently brushed his fingers through Lance's hair, stroking it to relax the crying boy.

"I'm so sorry." Lance repeated sitting up now. Keith used his shirt to wipe Lance's face gently. "Keith, I was going to bite you."

Keith's eyes seemed to widen slightly. "Why?"

"I..." he looked away and sniffled. Keith put a hand over his to assure him. "I don't want you to die."

"What? Lance, I'm not going to die." Keith was taken aback.

"Yes you will, everyone will, eventually." Lance rubbed at his face again when new tears fell.

"Yeah, I mean eventually, but that's a long time from now." Keith ran his thumb along Keith's cheek, gently holding his face.

"It's not a long time for me. It just doesn't make sense, how could someone like you deserve to die?" Lance leaned into Keith's hand.

"Lance, I'm not special. I'm like everyone else. And like everyone else, I have to deal with the same fate." Keith smiled assuringly.

"But you are! You're special because of what you've done for me. Because of who you are to me." Lance grabbed Keith's hand tightly. "I feel like my entire reason for being put on this Earth was for you."

Keith hugged him tightly. "That's sweet, but you know that's not true. You were made for much more than that. You bring good to this world, and that's what matters."

"How are you so content with dying?" Lance stared at him befuddled.

"I believe my life is only as long as it needs to be. It'll end when it's supposed to." Keith kissed his forehead.

"Keith?"

"Yes?" Keith looked at him with a half smile.

"Can I stay with you for the night?" Lance asked.

"Of course. Adam long as you don't try to bite me in my sleep." Keith lifted the covers invitingly.

Lance crawled under and snuggled up to him.

He was ready.