Witch Doctor

"What were you thinking?!" Pidge rubbed at her eyes, pushing her glasses up in the process.

"I wasn't actually planning on using it!" I ran a hand through my hair anxiously.

"If you weren't planning on using it, then why did you buy it in the first place?" Pidge quickly put her hands on her hips expectantly.

I looked down at the ground quiet now. "Because some part of me did plan on using it. But it really was an accident! I swear!" I looked from her to the closed door and bit at my lip. It was quiet for a moment.

"Somehow, locking Keith in the closet almost seems a little ironic." Pidge snorted.

"Not to mention, a bit of a step backward." I chuckled, but the humor quickly died.

"Well, what are you going to do?" Pidge asked rubbing at her knuckles.

"I'm going to..." I trailed off, "I'm going to take him back to where I got the poison. Maybe the witch I bought it from can reverse it."

"Witch? Poison? Shit Lance, what the hell were you thinking?" Pidge shook her head, but a smile was sitting on her lips.

I laughed, "I don't know." After a moment I turned to look at her, noticing a flaw in my plan. "How will I even get him there?"

"Leash?" Pidge suggested.

"Him wandering away from me isn't exactly my concern. He has no problem staying by my side."

"Then you'll be fine!" She smiled brightly. "Now go fix Keith!"

——————

Earlier that day...

"Paladins! Good news! We're all going to the mall again!" Allura clapped her hands together.

"Weren't we chased out of the mall riding a cow and told never to come back?" Pidge asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah remember, Lance hit his head-" Keith started with a devilish smile.

"We remember!" Lance intervened grumpily.

"Oh, of course it's a different mall! And as a reward for your wondrous efforts the past few weeks, we've decided to give you each some money to spend however you please." Allura handed them three small coins each, the currency unidentifiable.

The paladins shared excited glances as they examined the coins.

They arrived at the mall and quickly dashed in opposite directions. Except for Lance that is. "Hey Keithy, I think saw a couples booth a little further back. Wanna give it a try." Lance wiggled his eyebrows.

Keith's cheeks turned a light shade of pink as he rolled his eyes and walked away. Lance maintained his goofy smile until Keith was out of sight. He frowned and turned on his heels in the other direction.

After ten minutes of wandering, Lance grew bored. Normally, alien junk would have him thrilled, but he just kept thinking about the way Keith rolled his eyes and walked away.

He defeatedly sat on a bench against a wall tilting his head back slightly.

"Ah, love troubles I see." A crackly voice spoke. It was female, but old and crackled.

Lance bolted upright to come face to face with an incredibly short old woman. She had long grey hair and several layers of old yet colorful clothing. Several small wood carved talismans hung loosely from her neck and small leather bags were attached to her hips with a thin leather rope.

"W-who are you?" Lance asked nervously.

She smiled showing her crooked teeth. "Why, I'm Lady Maeel."