Mix Tape

"Lance! Do we really have to listen to Beyoncé again!!!!" I said in frustration.

Lance made an offended noise, "Respect Beyoncé!"

"Can we listen to something else for once?" I huffed in response.

"Like what?"

"I don't know Muse, Glass Animals, MCR, Panic! At The Disco?" I suggested.

"I didn't recognize half those and the other half are just emo bands." Lance folded his arms. We continued to argue about the music selection annoying everyone else until no one could take another second of it.

"Lance! Keith! That's enough! Why don't you two go in a whole different room where we can't hear you bicker and find common interests in songs. Make a playlist of songs you can agree on or something!" Shiro rubbed his eyes stressfully.

"You mean like... a mix tape?" A wide grin spread across Lances face.

"Yeah sure, make a mix tape." Shiro kicked us out before closing the door behind them.

"Are we really going to make a mix tape?" I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow.

"Of course!" Lance said ecstatically. "C'mon! Let's go to my room!" Before I got a say, I was being dragged down the hall to my rivals room to put together a collection of songs; A mix tape.

He dragged me into his room and plopped onto his bed. I stood for a while looking around at everything, I hadn't really been in his room before. It was messy but still clean and well kept. Comic books, magazines and old books were scattered on his desk. I read the title of a couple: 'The Outsiders', '101 pick up lines', 'Bisexuality'. My eyes quickly flicked back to the last book. Lance had immediately ran in between me and the desk blocking out the books.

"You can sit on my bed if you want." He said slowly slipping the book into a draw trying to make it unnoticeable. Could Lance be Bi? I quickly shook the thought and sat on the edge of his bed. He joined me and we began tossing songs back and forth. He wound up liking a lot of Panic! At The Disco and a couple other songs from other bands.

By the time an hour passed I knew all the words to Fergalicious. I have never been more embarrassed. Even at that, we were still actually having fun.

"Okay okay, what about... Billie Jean." Lance laughed.

"Billie Jean?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Seriously?! It's Michael Jackson!!" Lance threw his hands up dramatically.

I pulled the headphones over my ears and listen. "Yeah okay, go ahead and add it."

"Ooooh, So you like Michael Jackson!" Lance said confidently typing in another song.

"What's this one?" I asked but the moment he pressed play I began to laugh. "Thriller? Really?"

"Why of course! You know, in my elementary years, I danced to this for the Halloween concert." Lance bragged.

"No way."

"Yes way." He said laughing with me before pausing the music. He looked at me dead in the eyes. I wanted to ask him something... maybe it's not the time or place... but I might risk it.

"Hey Lance?" I asked looking down at my hands as I fiddled with them.

"Yeah?" He asked still looking at me and I really truly felt his gaze.