ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE AU

^Can we just take a moment to appreciate how badass they look

•This is kinda like the the movie Warm Bodies with the plot and cure.

Lance POV:

I sat on the floor my back against the wall. My lungs burned and my legs ached from running. I leaned my head back exhausted. Pidge, Hunk, and I were raiding a convenience store a block or so away. There were heavily needed canned goods still stocked in messy rows on the shelves. A hoard of walkers showed up and we all had to flee. I know Pidge and Hunk were okay when they escaped but I have no clue now.

It's best to travel in groups but now that we're split up I have to be more careful. The only way to turn into a zombie is through a bite, or if you get their blood on an open wound as the infection lies in their spit and blood. Of course there is another way, you die without any fatal wounds to your head. That leads to how you kill a zombie, you fatally damage their head.

I breathed in and out slowly calming myself from the rush of adrenaline to escape. I leaned forward and pulled my blood stained bat off my back and threw it to the side. I pulled out my gun and took out the magazine. I was out of bullets.

"Shit." I whispered. I put away my gun and buried my face in my hands. I have to think of a plan. Something... anything.

I lifted my head eyes still shut tightly. I heard a small noise and my eyes snapped open. A zombie stood in the doorway looking at me. My breath caught in my throat and I couldn't help but glance at my out of reach bat. Why wasn't he attacking.

He was pale, dark around the eyes and blue veins were spread through his neck. His clothes were torn and trashed once being black skinny jeans, a black shirt, and a red jacket. His shirt was off set showing his collarbone a bite above on his shoulder. His jacket hung loosely on him. He must've been extremely attractive before he died. His raven black hair messily framed his cloudy eyes.

The zombie followed my gaze to the bat. Zombies aren't supposed to be intelligent. I snapped and lunged for the bat rolling ready to swing. When I looked up he was gone.

I took in a sharp shaky breath rising to my feet. I walked warily to the door clearing the hallway. No zombie in sight. Could I have imagined it in stress.

I heard a loud thud.

Thud, thud.

I carefully made my way to the noise. I peaked around the corner to see the all glass store front swarmed with Zombies. I would imagine they were the same ones that split Hunk Pidge and I up. They must've followed me.

When they caught sight of me they became more aggressive pounding on the windows with hungry power.

Cracks appeared spreading rapidly. I realized the situation and ran to the other end of the store searching for an exit.

Crash!

I heard the glass shatter and the wave of twenty to twenty-five zombies flooded in. I heard hungry groans down the hall. I ran to the exit and the zombies stumbled along following close behind surprisingly quick. I made it outside and the bright sun beat down on my skin.

I whipped around gripping my bat tightly. Zombies stumbled towards me hungrily biting the air hoping for flesh. I swung my bat hearing a crack as I knocked on in the head ending it.

Another one. Crack.

Another. Crack.

Crack, crack, crack.

I swung with all my power and the more tired I became the sloppier I grew.

Crack, crack, crack.