1🌸.

Song - Come back home by Calum Scott.

With every single day I have to face
I wonder why our love was stolen away
With every single breath I have to waste
I'm burning like a fire, will someone help my pain?
I'm drowning above the water, oh, help me breathe again
And I, I can't let you go, so when you're ready, come back home...

~~

Emma's POV

The next few days were pretty normal for me. The rumors about me hadn't completely died down but it looked like people were starting to care less. I hadn't gotten a job yet so I spent most of my time at Mums flower shop either making sales at the shop while Mark , the delivery guy delivered flowers to people in their homes. I was so happy to do this because it gave mum time spend with Dad at the hospital and from what she said, Dad would be ready to come home in a few weeks .

I had just sold a bouquet of roses  to a man who was going to ask his long time crush to be his girlfriend today and as he was leaving the shop , I smiled to myself as I remembered the baskets of roses and dandelions Logan got me in New York.  God, I can't seem to get him out of my head.  Even while I'm busy taking orders and making sales , he still finds a way to slip into my mind . But seriously, I think it's becoming unhealthy the way I think about him all the time.

As if on cue, I heard a beeping sound from my phone and when I checked, it was a text from Logan saying that he would pick me up at six. This man is so relentless and it's obvious he doesn't plan on giving up on me. I couldn't help wondering what he was doing at the moment. He has stayed true to his word by not leaving Golden Valley and he's been here for a few days. I keep telling myself that he will get tired and leave soon but with the way things are going, it doesn't look like that is happening anytime soon.

I didn't even realize I was smiling at my phone when the sound of the bell snapped me back into reality and Mark walked into the shop carrying some bags .

" Hey Emma. I got the organic fertilizers and the new seedlings you asked for." He said with a light smile showcasing the rounded dimple on his right cheek.

" Thanks. " I said gratefully. "What would I do without you?"

" Literarily nothing." He joked as he placed the bags of fertilizers and seedlings in the storage room.

" I would have helped you with some of the bags you know?" Mark has been very helpful to my mum and I but he literarily never lets me do the hard stuff around the shop. He always says he's happy to help anytime and while that is very generous of him, I can't help feeling it's unfair on my part.

" No worries. I've got everything covered." He replied as expected.

" Well thanks again."

" Would you stop saying thank you for once?" Mark said as he walked to the counter. " It's my job plus I love helping."

" Sorry," I smiled.

" So , how did sales go today?" He leaned across the counter, flexing his clearly visible muscles that couldn't stay hidden even under the shirt he was wearing.

" It was slow as usual but It's still progress, I guess." I shrugged. Things haven't really been the same since mum left the shop to take care of dad. She lost a good amount of customers especially to the new flowers shop at the other side of town and since then things have been really slow.