5🌸.

Song -  Fallin' like stars by James Arthur

And I need you to know that we're fallin' so fast
We're fallin' like the stars, fallin' in love
And I'm not scared to say those words with you, I'm safe
We're fallin' like the stars, we're fallin' in love...

Logan's POV

The past few weeks have been quite difficult for me. The unexpected rumors that popped out of nowhere, Emma breaking up with me and coming back to her town and me trying to get her to come back to New York with me but as you all must already know, Logan Ross is a relentless man.

" You grow through what you go through ," They say.

The moment I realized Emma was gone, I knew I had to do everything to get her back. I knew how deeply she was hurt by the horrible things that had been said about her on national television . Horrible things were said about me too but it looked like the rumors were directed to her more than it was to me.

I won't lie, I was hurt at first. Angry in fact. Emma promised she wouldn't break up with me again but that's was the exact thing she did to me and she didn't even have the decency to wait till I got back home. She did it over the phone.

When I got to Golden Valley, I was so mad, so angry at Emma . I was so angry that she would chose to leave instead of staying back  so that we could fight this together but the moment I saw her standing at the door, I realized how much I didn't want to lose her . How much I needed her. How much I love her regardless. The thing is, even though she might not be scared to lose me, I'm scared of losing her.

So I tried to push all the anger and hurt I was feeling and I did all I could to make her see that no matter what happened, I still love her and I need her to come back home with me. I just need her. And even if it meant putting Rachael in charge of the company back in New York and working from Golden valley. Then I was willing to do it, till Emma sees reasons with me. That is why I threw away the contract Emma signed before she started working for me. I knew she always wanted to work in a company but I didn't want her to leave me or my kids. I know she's a very smart woman and once she gets into the corporate world, she will break grounds but I'm also scared that if she gets a job somewhere else, she would not have the time to take care of my kids anymore. I know I've been selfish . That's why I had to let her go. She was more than just my nanny. She was my girlfriend too and with all that had happened, I thought it was better if she stopped working for me and followed her dreams.

God knows how scared I was when I thought she had feelings for the guy that worked with her at her mother's flower shop. I think his name is Mark or something like that. I saw how he looked at her that day. It was very obvious from the look in his eyes that he liked her , maybe he was even in love with her and it was even more obvious that he was disappointed when I came in and introduced myself as Emma's boyfriend. Well of course I had to mark my territory. That's the thing with Emma, she makes me so insecure and vulnerable when I'm with her and she doesn't even know it. Emma is mine . All mine and I would do anything to keep her as my own. I know I probably sound like a possessive nut head right now but she makes me feel that way.

Even with her decision to stay back in Minnesota, I knew I couldn't give up on us. I knew she missed me too. I could see it in her eyes, I could feel it the way her skin shivered when I touched her, the way her face would flush bright red at something I'd said or the way she would smile without knowing when I'd make a funny comment but she still felt she had a lot of reasons to stay back here with her family. I knew she was having a hard time dealing with all the unsolicited attention she was getting from the press since the day the rumors were spread and the bad things people would think of her and I truly felt sorry that she had to go through all of this. She didn't deserve this at all. I mean, I was a little bit disturbed by the rumors but I was used to the kind of life so I learned to grow a thick skin . If my company didn't have strong grounds in America, I would have been facing a lot of scandal but it was easy to clear things up seeing that I have all the necessary connections and I made sure to get my best lawyers on the case. That news station must pay for all the emotional damages they've caused Emma and her family.